remote_api not allowed

Kyle Baley

Sep 22, 2010, 10:23:59 PM9/22/10
to Google App Engine
I'm trying to test a backup restore from one app to another and I'm
getting an error trying to access remote_api on one of them. Here's
the first part of the log message I get when I navigate to remote_api
directly:

/remote_api
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The requested URL was not
allowed: /remote_api
at
com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.makeSyncCall(UserServiceImpl.java:
131)
at
com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.createLoginURL(UserServiceImpl.java:
62)
at
com.google.appengine.api.users.UserServiceImpl.createLoginURL(UserServiceImpl.java:
42)
at
com.google.apphosting.utils.remoteapi.RemoteApiServlet.checkIsAdmin(RemoteApiServlet.java:
70)
at
com.google.apphosting.utils.remoteapi.RemoteApiServlet.doGet(RemoteApiServlet.java:
96)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:693)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:806)

Authentication mode is set to Google Apps and we have forced SSL. I've
tried this on other apps with the same configuration successfully. Not
sure why this one is throwing this error.

Any ideas?

Eli Jones

Sep 23, 2010, 11:44:25 AM9/23/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Did you configure the remote_api service for this App?

For Python, you naturally configure the app.yaml.. this appears to be Java so you'd need to install the handler servlet class: com.google.apphosting.utils.remoteapi.RemoteApiServlet

Granted.. I don't use Java at all.. the error below could be saying that the servlet is installed but it just doesn't work..

Megala Dhinakaran

Sep 24, 2010, 12:33:56 AM9/24/10
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Mr Eli Jones  think this error Occur may be two reasons,
    *First you add the following lines in your WEB-XML files

   <servlet>
   <servlet-name>remoteapi</servlet-name>
  <servlet-class>com.google.apphosting.utils.remoteapi.RemoteApiServlet</servlet-class>
 </servlet>

   <servlet-mapping>
   <servlet-name>remoteapi</servlet-name>
   <url-pattern>/remote_api</url-pattern>
   </servlet-mapping>

 <security-constraint>
   <web-resource-collection>
     <web-resource-name>remoteapi</web-resource-name>
     <url-pattern>/remote_api</url-pattern>
     </web-resource-collection>
    <auth-constraint>
     <role-name>admin</role-name>
    </auth-constraint>
 </security-constraint>

*Second thing In you admin console  Goto Application Settings And select  ADD Domain add you add domain