App Engine - Inbound Mail Issues/Delays?

Will Reiher

Feb 16, 2017, 5:32:08 PM2/16/17
to Google App Engine
I noticed that our inbound mail handler hadn't been called in a while this morning and then a "whack" of hits all occurred which "caught us up". Again just after noon PST our in-bound handler is all quite (no requests) and our web-app is missing important updates. Any information on in-bound email outages?
Message has been deleted

Will Reiher

Feb 16, 2017, 6:03:18 PM2/16/17
to Google App Engine
I just want to add that I have confirmed that mail is being sent to the in-bound address but our handler is not getting hits. We've not noticed too much of this happening in the past but it's impossible to bug fix since the issue is happening outside of my app. Any assistance or information about this outage would be appreciated.

Will Reiher

Feb 16, 2017, 7:21:30 PM2/16/17
to Google App Engine
One more update - I emailed manually from my Google App's account and the request handler was fired. The other emails are also being sent (I've cc'd myself from the source). Is there a chance that a filter or some other flag is causing a delay in processing. This is fairly critical for some of our business processes.

Will Reiher

Feb 16, 2017, 8:22:12 PM2/16/17
to Google App Engine
Just had all my delayed messages hit my inbound mail handlers. Hopefully someone else will be happy that it's working again :) Thanks to the Googler who helped.

Alex (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 17, 2017, 4:50:00 PM2/17/17
to Google App Engine

Hi Will,

Glad to hear that your issue was resolved and thanks for updating the thread. For tracking purposes, can you confirm that your issue was related with the App Engine Mail API? Also, it would be great if you could indicate which language was used in the process.

Thanks,

Alex

Will Reiher

Feb 17, 2017, 5:50:30 PM2/17/17
to Google App Engine
Alex,

My issue is still not fully resolved today - I've had a couple instances today of delayed delivery.
It's not related to the API it's that mail being sent to the inbound @appspotmail address is being delayed before showing up on /_ah/mail and hitting my request handler.

I've triple confirmed that there is no delay from the source but it's definitely not getting to my app as quickly as it should. I have logs showing when the mail that was "delayed" finally hits my handler I get a ton of requests all at once (which is not the way it would have been sent). It seems to be an infrastructure issue.

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Feb 19, 2017, 12:11:34 PM2/19/17
to Google App Engine
Feel free to send me a private message with your project id and I can take a look.

Nickolas Daskalou

Feb 24, 2017, 2:45:11 AM2/24/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Adam how do we get your private email address?

Google Groups is masking it.

Thanks,
Nick

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)