Spring Boot on App Engine Standard (Java 8) - Receiving 404

Shachar Grembek

Jul 6, 2017, 10:04:42 AM7/6/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I started to use spring boot in my App Engine (Standard & Java 8). I downloaded the project from link. However, when I deploy it and try to reach the url that is supposed to be available I receive an 404 error.
Can you please advise.

Thanks,
Shachar

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 6, 2017, 3:12:25 PM7/6/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Shachar,

Following the steps provided on the page you linked to, I have been able to run the app locally and then deploy it successfully in the standard environment, without any 404 errors.

Did you deploy any other app prior to this one? How did you build your app's URL?

You may check another example from codelabs.

Shachar Grembek

Jul 8, 2017, 12:29:05 AM7/8/17
to Google App Engine
Thanks for your reply. I basically downloaded the code and deployed it on an existing App Engine Standard environment. I didn't use the web.xml to build the URL's

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 10, 2017, 1:42:25 PM7/10/17
to Google App Engine
Hi Shachar,

This is correct, the sample presented at the referred link does not provide any instruction regarding web.xml, but requires you to edit appengine-web.xml to:

<appengine-web-app xmlns="http://appengine.google.com/ns/1.0">
  <version>1</version>
  <threadsafe>true</threadsafe>
  <runtime>java8</runtime>
</appengine-web-app>

There is no other apparent reason why the instructions secure a successful deployment here and not in your case.

Les Vogel

Jul 11, 2017, 9:37:55 PM7/11/17
to Google App Engine
You might wish to look at this sample.  Note - the version of SpringBoot is specific, I haven't had a chance to figure out why the next release fails.

Les Vogel
  •  Cloud Developer Relations
  •  le...@google.com
  •  +1-408-676-7023