Authentication Integration with Google

Pankaj Jha

Jul 28, 2016, 3:50:00 AM7/28/16
to Google App Engine

I have a web application which works on windows active directory.Since it is deployed on Local IIS, windows authentications works fine. Now I am planning to move the authentication part of the application to cloud so that I can use AD users of multiple domain using OpenID connect(oAuth2). I am able to set OpenID connect to login using external user (using GoogleAuthentication) using email Id. My query is

1.Can I create my AD User to https://console.cloud.google.com ?

  1. Can I login my site using that User ?
  2. Can cloud.google authenticate the used from my Active Directory?

If anyone could guide me with some links that would be great.

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 1, 2016, 1:21:54 PM8/1/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Pankaj,

As far as I know, we use exclusively OAuth2 in our auth systems, with no explicit support for ActiveDirectory. If you can manage to read through the documentation we provide about our auth systems and determine how that integrates with your AD solution, this is certainly a possibility, although it's not within my expertise to determine what that might look like, and you're probably in a much better position to attempt to work from that angle.

What I can say is that if you want to provide secure access to the Cloud Console, this is done through signing in to a Google account which has permissions on the given project.

Sincerely,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Pankaj Jha

Aug 4, 2016, 8:15:28 AM8/4/16
to Google App Engine
Thanks
  1. Can cloud.google authenticate the user from my Active Directory?