App Engine pricing details

Ayush Verma

Apr 17, 2014, 1:04:37 PM4/17/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I am getting
"com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$FeatureNotEnabledException: The Socket API will be enabled for this application once billing has been enabled in the admin console"
error in my android endpoints enabled application. I checked appengine's pricing details, and saw that sockets API does not incur any additional charges.

If I enable billing, will I get any free quota ?

Thanks

Ayush Verma

Apr 22, 2014, 12:33:48 PM4/22/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I have enabled billing in my application but I am getting the same error. I can verify that billing has been enabled as I can create a bucket in Cloud storage. Any help will me much appreciated.

Mars Lan

Apr 22, 2014, 4:45:01 PM4/22/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
You shouldn't see that error if you have billing enabled. Could you verify that from the "Billing Status" section of your admin console?

Vinny P

Apr 23, 2014, 3:12:57 AM4/23/14
On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 11:33 AM, Ayush Verma <ambid...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello, I have enabled billing in my application but I am getting the same error. I can verify that billing has been enabled as I can create a bucket in Cloud storage. Any help will me much appreciated.

Can you try reuploading your application? Also, look into your application's admin console: on the Application Settings page, do you see the paid-only functionality available (for example, items such as the dedicated memcache, instance scaling, etc)?

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

Ayush Verma

Apr 23, 2014, 10:10:48 AM4/23/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I re-uploaded my appengine code but it did not make any difference.

In the new developer console when I check my billing status it says billing is enabled and I can see my complete billing profile. I can also use cloud storage and compute engine (create new bucket and new instance respectively). But when I switch to the old appengine console and try to check my billing status for the same project, it asks me to setup billing !

In the application settings menu of the appengine console, under performance I can change "Max Idle Instances", but I can not change "Memcache Service", which is set to calss : shared by default. Other than this I do not see any options for dedicated memcache or instance scaling.

Ayush Verma

Apr 24, 2014, 10:10:27 AM4/24/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I enabled billing through the old console as well, Its working now.

Juan de Dios Becerra

Sep 24, 2014, 11:20:42 AM9/24/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi guys, I am getting the same error, what is confusing for me is this, I had worked on my project using only Java without Maven, I am using Google Drive API, so it was working well, but I wanted to make a refactoring to the project using Maven and Angular, so locally I can get my project working ok with this refactoring, but then I deployed to App Engine and I can not list my drive files through my app, I got the exception mentioned above, but the past versions don't have that problem in App Engine, is confusing for me that now I am getting this ApiProxy$FeatureNotEnabledException, please if somebody has idea what can I do I would thank you so much.

Vinny P

Sep 25, 2014, 12:29:03 AM9/25/14
On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:20 AM, Juan de Dios Becerra <j.bece...@gmail.com> wrote:
I am getting this ApiProxy$FeatureNotEnabledException, please if somebody has idea what can I do I would thank you so much.

When you get the FeatureNotEnabledException, are you getting the same exception message (not class name, but message) as the OP, or is the message different? If you don't see any message at all, can you try catching the exception and printing out the message and stack trace?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant