Google Drive API - Does the API automatically create a folder for our Application.

Michael Joyner

Apr 18, 2017, 3:41:07 PM4/18/17
to Google App Engine
Hi out there.

We our building our product for Google Drive and I wanted to know if the Google Drive API automatically creates a App Folder like Dropbox does.

I know some other Applications that I have like "draw.io" I can see that they create App Folders, or at least I think they do. I know with Dropbox that after OAuth Dropbox automatically will create a Application folder if one does not exist.

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 18, 2017, 6:35:17 PM4/18/17
to Google App Engine
Yes it does, see Storing Application Data, as well as Authorizing requests with OAuth 2.0 for details on the scopes required to access application data in Drive.