Experiences regarding payed support?

Filip Nilsson

Jul 1, 2015, 5:23:51 AM7/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone bad/good experiences regarding the payed support options (https://cloud.google.com/support/)

I'm specifically thinking about the "Architecture Support" on the Silver level. Do I get access to additional documentation or is it a ticket based system?

Thanks for any input.

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 1, 2015, 11:31:37 AM7/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, fill...@gmail.com
Hey Filip!

Being from the support team, I will obviously be biased about the "experience", so I'll let other users chime in about that.

What I can do though is answer your other question : While you do not get access to additional documentation, you can ask certain questions that won't be directly covered by the docs and the agents picking up your questions will be happy to oblige and find your answer. It is a ticketing system indeed. The mention of "architecture" is because at that level, you will get high-level support, as opposed to the "use-case specific" help you can get at higher levels, where the answer will be tailored a bit more to your precise usage.

You can get more information here about our support offering.

In the meantime, rest assured that agents from the Google Cloud Platform Support team do check the three following venues, with what they should be used for :

1- Stack Exchange for questions with our tags : Should be used for precise, one off questions about a way to work the platform (make sure your question is on topic for the site you post on)
2- This google groups (and others, like gce-discussion) : Better suited for discussions, suggestions, best practices, etc.
3- The different issue trackers (the App Engine one, for instance) : used to report Defect Reports and file Feature Requests.

If you have other questions I can specifically answer, feel free to ask. I'll try to remain as neutral as I can and leave the feedback about the "experience" to other users (again, so as not to bias the view you may have of support).

Cheers!

Alex Martelli

Jul 1, 2015, 2:22:26 PM7/1/15
On Wed, Jul 1, 2015 at 8:31 AM, Patrice (Cloud Platform Support) <pvout...@google.com> wrote:
[...]

Agreed! Specifically, I strongly recommend, before posting any question to StackOverflow or ServerFault (the two StackExchange sites we monitor), reading http://codeblog.jonskeet.uk/2010/08/29/writing-the-perfect-question/ -- "Writing the Perfect Question" by our colleague (at Google, not alas in Cloud Support:-) Jon Skeet, the all-time top StackOverflow user by reputation. Following his advice WILL let you ask excellent specific technical questions, and thereby get prompter, better answers (by the community, or by ourselves).

Alex