How to run script on app engine?

Harsha Reddy

Dec 6, 2016, 9:08:07 AM12/6/16
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I am new to app engine. I have a script which listens to queue continuously and logs the messages. I want to run this script on app engine. please help me.

Thanks
Harsha Reddy

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

Dec 7, 2016, 10:55:38 AM12/7/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Harsha!

Welcome to the App Engine Google Group!  I believe I understand your question but would need some additional information to provide some effective suggestions or solutions.
  • In what language do you wish to run this script?
  • You mention this script listens to a queue for new messages.  Is this queue hosted elsewhere as in a separate database?  How does this script listen for new messages?  An example would be very helpful in clarifying this requirement.
  • This script logs the new messages.  How are these messages logged?  Are they stored in a database, pushed to some system log, appended to a SQL table, sent to another endpoint by POST request?
With the above and any other relevant information, I should be able to provide some more constructive suggestion for how App Engine can meet your needs.