Problem deploying - javax.servlet.UnavailableException

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Apr 6, 2015, 12:26:51 PM4/6/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello, I'm getting ( javax.servlet.UnavailableException )  when I deploy my app. I tried publishing my previous app version (deployed a month ago) which deployed successfully and now it also produce same exact exception (below). Has anything change on GAE since last month?

Using Java 1.7.0_40 and GAE SDK 18.9 (tried 1.9.6  & 1.9.17 -- same issue)

THANKS

  1. C2015-04-04 08:54:13.625
    Uncaught exception from servlet
    javax.servlet.UnavailableException: com.google.appinventor.server.OdeAuthFilter
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:79)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.FilterHolder.doStart(FilterHolder.java:81)
    	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:662)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1250)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
    	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:467)
    	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
    	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.createHandler(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:199)
    	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.getHandler(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:174)
    	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:134)
    	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RequestRunnable.run(JavaRuntime.java:527)
    	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable.runInContext(TraceContext.java:437)
    	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable$1.run(TraceContext.java:444)
    	at com.google.tracing.CurrentContext.runInContext(CurrentContext.java:220)
    	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContextNoUnref(TraceContext.java:308)
    	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContext(TraceContext.java:300)
    	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable.run(TraceContext.java:441)
    	at com.google.apphosting.runtime.ThreadGroupPool$PoolEntry.run(ThreadGroupPool.java:251)
    	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)

Shobhit

Apr 7, 2015, 2:46:58 PM4/7/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Hossein,

I think you are getting the error because authentication filter that uses Google Accounts for logged-in users is unavailable, it means something is changed while uploading the app or during compilation.Check the execution environment JRE in your eclipse and make it 1.7 or try to deploy the application again.

M. Hossein Amerkashi

Apr 7, 2015, 3:51:19 PM4/7/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Shobhit,

I'm using java 1.7.0_40-b43 on Windows box. This same environment has been used to publish previous versions of my app. I have archive versions of all my versions. Interesting thing is that even my old version that had previously been published successfully and works properly, throws same exception when re-published! I think something definitely has changed on Google side and I can't figure it out. Its really a show-stopper for me.

Thanks

Vinny P

Apr 7, 2015, 4:56:25 PM4/7/15
On Mon, Apr 6, 2015 at 11:26 AM, M. Hossein Amerkashi <kkas...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm getting ( javax.servlet.UnavailableException )  when I deploy my app. I tried publishing my previous app version (deployed a month ago) which deployed successfully and now it also produce same exact exception (below). Has anything change on GAE since last month?

Typically an UnavailableException means that the servlet was unable to complete initialization - perhaps the init() code ran too long, a class could not be found, etc. Can you set your application to a log level of INFO and see if any additional information pops up?

Does your application do anything complex within the init() method (connecting to a DB, fetching a URL, etc)?

-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com