New logging library for PHP

Takashi Matsuo

Apr 26, 2017, 5:09:09 PM4/26/17
to Google App Engine

Hi App Engine for PHP users,
(If you're not using PHP, please stop reading)

App Engine Standard environment has been providing a great user experiences around logging. It supports filtering with severity, request correlation, high performance log ingestion. Unfortunately, some of the nice features by App Engine Standard environment have been missing from App Engine Flexible environment. This is partly because we are trying to make Flexible environment apps as portable as possible, in other words, trying to keep Flex away from the proprietary technologies and APIs that App Engine Standard Environment provides.

We have been working hard to develop a new Logging client library for providing similar user experiences and now it's ready for alpha release :)

If you're interested in trying the new client library, please sign up at the form below. We'll send you the instructions shortly.

Thanks,

-- Takashi Matsuo
Google Cloud PHP team
--