500 error during deployment

Mateusz Motel

Mar 20, 2018, 9:01:37 AM3/20/18
to Google App Engine
I'm deploying applications using Jenkins, Ant and appcfg.py script. Since yesterday morning I have troubles with that. At random moments deployment crashes and returns 500 error with message:
     [exec] Error 500: --- begin server output ---

[exec] <h3>Server Error</h3><p>A server error has occurred.</p>

It crashed at one of our applications, then successfully deployed few applications and crashed again. Today we are not able to deploy any of our applications.

Is everything ok with the platform? It's not the first time we experience this but it never last more than a day.

Full log from deployment:
     [echo] Updating module app.yaml...
     [exec]

[exec] Note: the --oauth2 flag is now the default and can be omitted.

[exec]
     [exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/rest_framework_docs/less/style.less.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/rest_framework_docs/fonts/FontAwesome.otf.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/rest_framework_docs/fonts/fontawesome-webfont.eot.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/rest_framework_docs/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/rest_framework/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot.  Using application/octet-stream.
     [exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/icplayer/libs/skins/lightgray/fonts/icomoon.eot.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/icplayer/libs/skins/lightgray/fonts/readme.md.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/icplayer/libs/langs/readme.md.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/frontend/.gitignore.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/frontend/README.md.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/frontend/dist/libraries/Reflect.js.map.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/fonts/FontAwesome.otf.  Using application/octet-stream.
     [exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/apidoc/vendor/path-to-regexp/LICENSE.  Using application/octet-stream.

[exec] Could not guess mimetype for templates/static_files/apidoc/fonts/glyphicons-halflings-regular.eot.  Using application/octet-stream.
[...]

[exec] --- end server output ---

Michał Z

Mar 20, 2018, 11:44:31 AM3/20/18
to Google App Engine
I'm working together with Mateusz Motel on this issue. I would like to add a few informations.
We have added flag --verbose  to the appcfg.py command and script is returning

2018-03-20 16:35:45,516 INFO appengine_rpc_httplib2.py:303 Too many retries for url https://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/deploy?app_id=
2018-03-20 16:35:45,516 INFO appcfg.py:2554 HTTP Error (HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error)

The problem occures only with one specific account what we used for deployment.

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 20, 2018, 2:50:28 PM3/20/18
to Google App Engine
The new GCloud SDK is the preferred method of deploying over appcfg, specifically the GCloud SDK based Maven or Gradle plugins for Java (not the older App Engine based plugins). You can see an example of how to deploy with the Maven GCloud SDK-based plugin in the documentation using 'mvn appengine:deploy'.

- Note that Google Groups is reserved for general product discussions and not for reporting issues. If you still see issues after using the new deployment tool it is recommended to open a report in the Public Issue Tracker to notify the engineering team.