Deployment suddenly failed today

Yan Zhou

Apr 13, 2016, 10:07:34 AM4/13/16
to Google App Engine
I tried to deploy my two projects today, one in python ,one in php, both failed.

It was OK yesterday, I wonder if anyone has the same problem.

Here is the error for python project:
Error 404: --- begin server output ---
https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps
--- end server output ---

Here is the error for php project:
ERROR appcfg.py:2615 An unexpected error occurred. Aborting.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\
google\appengine\tools\appcfg.py", line 2452, in DoUpload
    missing_files = self.Begin()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appcfg.py", line 1974, in Begin
    payload=config_copy.ToYAML())
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appcfg.py", line 1740, in Send
    result = self.rpcserver.Send(url, payload=payload, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appengine_rpc.py", line 440, in Send
    self._Authenticate()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appengine_rpc.py", line 581, in _Authenticate
    super(HttpRpcServer, self)._Authenticate()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appengine_rpc.py", line 310, in _Authenticate
    credentials = self.auth_function()
  File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\google\appengine\tools\appcfg.py", line 3241, in GetUserCredentials
    password = self.raw_input_fn(password_prompt)
EOFError: EOF when reading a line

2016-04-13 21:13:22 (Process exited with code 1)

I appreciate if you can help
Thanks

Mihail Russu

Apr 13, 2016, 10:30:50 AM4/13/16
to Google App Engine
Failed deploys do happen occasionally and normally a rollback & re-deploying fix that on 2nd or 3rd attempt.

If not - what command are you using to deploy? What's the version of your SDK?

Following the URL provided in the logs ( https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps ) mentions deprecated way of authentication. Could that be the issue (basically you shouldn't be using your username & password when deploying)?

Thanks,
Mihail.

Ulapph Corporation

Apr 13, 2016, 10:12:40 PM4/13/16
to Google App Engine
Hi everyone! I also encountered same issue but below command works fine:
appcfg.py --application=<PROJECT_ID> --email=<GOOGLE_ACCT> --oauth2 update PROJECT_DIR

This will launch Chrome to authenticate using oauth2. Let me know if you have any questions.

Yan Zhou

Apr 13, 2016, 10:41:31 PM4/13/16
to Google App Engine
Yes, it works, I add --oauth2 , and I can deploy after authenticate with browser
Thanks for your help

Mihail Russu

Apr 14, 2016, 6:02:41 AM4/14/16
to Google App Engine
A more recent version of SDK doesn't require the --oauth2 parameter. All you'd need is just:
appcfg.py update .
(assuming you are running it in your project directory that has the app.yaml file)

Wizard of B

Apr 14, 2016, 6:58:35 AM4/14/16
to Google App Engine
Though I was not a part of this discussion I was also facing the same problem deploying my app to app engine.
Now this appcfg.py with complete form helped me as well. Thanks a lot.

Zeehad (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 14, 2016, 9:43:27 AM4/14/16
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I'm glad to see you've found the solution.

This has happened because of ClientLogin Turndown on April 12th. The appcfg.py has been using OAuth 2.0 as default authentication since May 2015. Additional information and instructions for migrating your application to be using OAuth 2.0 is available here.

Cheers!

Ulapph Corporation

Apr 14, 2016, 1:15:19 PM4/14/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Oauth2 is very nice because it no longer ask for password as I install to different appengine project IDs. It is now just clicking one button in order to update all projects at once!

Wizard of B

Apr 14, 2016, 3:39:44 PM4/14/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi Zeehad, Hi Ulapp,
                                  Thanks a lot for your timely explanation. Saved a lot of time for me.I still am trying to
figure out OAuth2 utilization in my project.

Thanks & Regards.

An Yang

Jun 22, 2018, 12:11:46 PM6/22/18
to Google App Engine
Dear list,

I am having the same problem with my python project for goagent:

Error 404: --- begin server output ---
https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps
--- end server output ---

I saw people online discussing this issue with varying solutions. However, as the starting point, could you clarify it for me if the goagent can still be used or it is completely shutdown? I am asking because there is no need to keep checking the materials online if the whole project is no longer working anymore. Thank you very much.

Cheers!