Help on a study about choosing the right programming language

Ciro Morais Medeiros

Jul 25, 2015, 1:53:55 AM7/25/15
to Google App Engine
Hey, guys

I'm working on a research to provide an academic background to support GAE developers on choosing the right programming language for a project.
In the study, I evaluate the programming languages according to some criteria, among them, readability. To do so, I need your help by analysing some code snippets of a simple application written four times (one with each programming language supported by App Engine)  and filling a form with your answers. The form isn't ready yet, but I'm sure it's not gonna take much of your time.

Before launching the form on this forum, however, I wanna be sure this is the right place to do it and that I can count on your help.

Ciro Morais Medeiros

Jul 26, 2015, 12:41:01 AM7/26/15
to Google App Engine, ciromorai...@gmail.com
Just to keep things clear: I already wrote the code, hence, your work will be just to fill out a survey.

Patrice (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 27, 2015, 10:55:23 AM7/27/15
to Google App Engine, ciromorai...@gmail.com, ciromorai...@gmail.com
Hi Ciro,

The Google group is definitely a place where you can do such a study, and we're more than happy to help you get some data.

The only thing is that while we're happy letting you post here, it doesn't guarantee people will fill your form or not, and that is a point we cannot do.

We're still very interested in seeing your study and the results from it :).

Cheers!