Is there a 101 idiots guide to using react js on app engine?

Richard Cheesmar

Nov 23, 2016, 11:55:48 AM11/23/16
to Google App Engine
Hi, All,

All, currently have a gae python webapp2 app and would like to redesign the interface with react js and material-ui. Does anyone know if it is possible to do this from a standard python based gae app? Or could someone point me in the right direction please.

Many thanks.

Nick, from Google, before you say it, I have posted the same question on Stackoverflow, but posted it here too, just to see if you comment :) Seriously, I need a quick answer.

Cheers

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Nov 24, 2016, 1:15:35 PM11/24/16
to Google App Engine

Hello Richard,

You may consider making use of a custom runtime in the App Engine flexible environment, to benefit of an alternative implementation of Java, Python, Node.js, or Go, or write code in any other language. You have taken the right decision when posting on Stackoverflow as well, where more expertise may come your way. Independently, you can find plenty of resources for react.js, for instance here.

Hoping the above helps; do not hesitate to ask more in-depth questions.