Process terminated because the request deadline was exceeded. (Error code 123)

Леонтьев Пётр

Jun 16, 2016, 8:06:38 AM6/16/16
to Google App Engine
Hi.

We have a lot of errors like:
InternalError: (google.storage.speckle.python.api.rdbms.InternalError) (0, u'Instance(tinyarmypanoramic:ratings) has too many concurrent requests: 100')
InternalError: (google.storage.speckle.python.api.rdbms.InternalError) (0, u'Connection is already in use.')

In the attachment you can see number of Google Cloud SQL connections during 16 June (starting from 10:00 UTC+0).

network_connections.png

Леонтьев Пётр

Jun 16, 2016, 8:08:29 AM6/16/16
to Google App Engine
In addition, we use 1st generation Cloud SQL.

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 19, 2016, 1:53:16 PM6/19/16
to Google App Engine
This isn't related to an internal issue as per the thread you linked to - your Cloud SQL instance literally has too many concurrent requests as the message states, and there is a limit of 100.

For some background, take a look at this answer from a Cloud SQL engineer about what to do about these kinds of errors.

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 19, 2016, 1:58:54 PM6/19/16
to Google App Engine
Some more info is available in the docs - "If more than 100 clients try to connect simultaneously to a First Generation instance, some of them will fail to connect". Another possible solution may be to use a higher tier instance so that queries will complete faster and reduce the concurrent load on the instance.

Леонтьев Пётр

Jun 19, 2016, 3:01:07 PM6/19/16
to Google App Engine
Thank you for response! I'll take provided info into account.