Lightweight Identity for App Engine Java

Tim Niblett

Aug 29, 2015, 7:52:19 PM8/29/15
to Google App Engine
The User service is handy and simple. That
it only handles Google accounts is a problem for me.  I've created a
lightweight identity library (LID) which is similar to the User service
and provides authentication for Google, Facebook and any Email.
Google auth is via the User service, Facebook via OAuth and Email via
an Email sent to the user which contains a URL they visit to sign in.
Sign-in is cookie based.

There is a demo at https://cilogi-liddemo.appspot.com. The library is

Its not general purpose, requiring Guice and running only on App
Engine but it may be useful for someone if the User service is
functionally OK but doesn't provide enough coverage.

Tim

aswath satrasala

Sep 18, 2015, 12:14:53 AM9/18/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Supporting email login was a problem for me for a long time. I was
able to roll my own after a long time.
Hopefully, this project will help the other appengine community
projects. They will get a good jump start to support other logins in
their projects.

-Aswath
www.AccountingGuru.net
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/1bec00b9-0eff-44d2-a3dd-06f629b2fff0%40googlegroups.com.

Tim Niblett

Sep 18, 2015, 5:34:33 AM9/18/15
to Google App Engine, aswath satrasala
Aswath,

I'm glad you're trying it out.

Let me know if you have any problems setting up.  I can perhaps help, and can then fix the README to make it easier for others to use.

Any suggestions on improvements are welcome.

Tim