Custom Domains (and SSL)

Jay

Sep 29, 2015, 10:24:49 AM9/29/15
to Google App Engine
I'm not sure if this question is best here or Stackoverflow.
I am looking to use the feature recently moved to the google cloud console to add an SSL certificate. We are already using a custom domain.
Here is the new thing I ran into. When I log in and look at a particular project, on which we already have a custom domain setup, I see nothing. It looks like we have not set anything up. A colleague of mine logs in and does the same thing, on the same project, and he sees a custom domain already configured. This is before we get to the stage of setting up the SSL.

So we are seeing two different things. This makes me nervous. It also means that I can't, apparently, setup the SSL, he would have to do that. Surely, the configuration here is not tied to the user in some way. I must be missing something.

Thanks for any insight or suggestions.

-- Jay

Jesse Scherer (Google Cloud Support)

Sep 29, 2015, 11:29:12 AM9/29/15
to Google App Engine
Hi Jay,

Since your question is about system administration and not programming, you might try ServerFault as opposed to StackOverflow.

In any case, can you share a bit more information? What does "Permissions" in the Developer console look like, for instance? Any other background you can share will help us (and folks on ServerFault) come up with better ideas.

Regards,

Ryan (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 29, 2015, 12:38:55 PM9/29/15
to Google App Engine
Salutations Jay,

You may need to verify the domain yourself. You should see a banner at the top of the Customer domain page:

The custom domain feature has been migrated here from Google Apps. To get started, verify ownership of your domains by completing step 1.

Let me know if this helps.

Jay

Sep 29, 2015, 7:15:09 PM9/29/15
to Google App Engine
Thanks to you both. Ryan, that was it. I needed to verify domain ownership using my own account. At that point the custom domain showed up and everything worked as expected.

Thanks again for the help.

Ryan (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 30, 2015, 9:24:44 AM9/30/15
to Google App Engine
Glad to hear your good to go!

tom saffell

Mar 17, 2016, 9:11:35 PM3/17/16
to Google App Engine
Hi Ryan,

I am trying follow these instructions, but when I click on the 'here' after 'step 1' it shows me an empty screen, like this:

Is this a bug? What can I do to get around it?
The url is takes me to is:

thanks

tom

Borahm Cho