i am being charge like hell on flex app engine for laravel 5.5

Tariq Sajid

Oct 30, 2017, 5:18:27 PM10/30/17
to Google App Engine
I dont know why but so much is being charge right now i choose the japan region and just started the sql but not used it but still my billing charges is too much please look at the screenshot
my question is if i choose standard environment will the charging will be less ?

Yannick (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 31, 2017, 2:30:34 PM10/31/17
to Google App Engine
Your charges reflect the resources you have been using and/or explicitly reserving, which included several Flex instances running at all times. You should be sure to delete or disable any resources you are not actually using.

As for App Engine Standard, it has the ability to scale down to zero instances, meaning zero cost, when it receives no requests for a period of time. If your application receives low traffic it could very well be the lowest cost option. Read this comparison of both environments to help decide which one is best for you.

Michael Yeung

Nov 13, 2017, 8:43:03 AM11/13/17
to Google App Engine
So how does one actually migrate an environment from Flexible to Standard?
I do not see any documentation on how to achieve this. Any steps you can provide would be great.

Blaine Garrett

Nov 13, 2017, 3:00:44 PM11/13/17
to Google App Engine
I'm not familiar with the PHP standard environment nor if laravel will run on standard env, but you should, for the most part, be able to swap out the app.yaml for the settings for the standard environment.
Key bits are located under the "Selecting PHP runtime" at: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/php/runtime
You'll need to remove the `env: flex` bit from app.yaml and should be able to deploy as normal.

~ Blaine