NoClassDefFoundError even though the jar is in WEB-INF/lib

Madhusuthanan Seetharam

Dec 18, 2010, 1:06:04 PM12/18/10
to Google App Engine
Hi,
I'm facing a peculiar issue. One of my JSPs uses
javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.LocaleSupport.getLocalizedMessage to get
localized message from resource bundles. I have copied the jakarta-
taglibs-standard-1.1.2.jar and jakarta-taglibs-jstl-1.1.2.jar into WEB-
INF/lib directory. On my local SDK the application works just fine.
But when I deploy it on GAE it gives out the following error.

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/taglibs/standard/tag/common/
fmt/BundleSupport
at
javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.LocaleSupport.getLocalizedMessage(LocaleSupport.java:
143)
at
javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.fmt.LocaleSupport.getLocalizedMessage(LocaleSupport.java:
63)
at
org.apache.jsp.templates.default_.LoginContent_jsp._jspService(LoginContent_jsp.java:
547)

This happens on both 1.3.8 and 1.4.0 SDKs. Any clues on what is
happening?

Thanks,
- Madhu