Appengine Search API is not return results for few strings

Nijin Narayanan

Jun 23, 2016, 8:08:37 AM6/23/16
to Appengine Group
I'm having strange issue with Appengine Search API in Production. It is not returning results for few strings. I can replicate this issue on Appengine console as well as using application code. It works perfect in Local SDK.

Does anyone faced this kind of issue ?
--
Nijin Narayanan

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 23, 2016, 7:07:26 PM6/23/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Nijin,

This seems like a potential platform issue which would be good to report in the Public Issue Tracker for App Engine. I'm unaware of any reason the search should fail. We've already begun to look into this issue and will post a link to a Public Issue Tracker thread we'll create so that you can follow the progress of the issue.

Regards,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jun 23, 2016, 7:14:11 PM6/23/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Nijin,

You can follow this thread for updates.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Nijin Narayanan

Sep 21, 2016, 9:11:36 AM9/21/16
to Appengine Group
Hi Nick,

Looks like Appengine Search API have some critical bug. API returns empty result if the query string value is in the NumberField.

​​For Example, I have NumberField "qty_ordered" which have value as 20. If I'm searching for "20",  API returns empty results. But it return results when I specify the field name in the query string like this: "qty_ordered:20".

If this field is a TextField, Its working as expected. The issue is only with the NumberField in Search API.

You can reproduce this issue in Appengine Console's Search API page as well as using code. Its works perfectly in SDK.

This is critically affecting my application search functionality.

--
Nijin Narayanan

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 21, 2016, 3:21:51 PM9/21/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Nijin,

I'm not able to observe this when testing in development or production - the documents are retrieved, as the documentation describes, using merely the number. Could you possibly bundle a simple, reproducing example into a .zip or .tgz file, and upload it to the Public Issue Tracker with an issue report? When this is done, feel free to post the link here. We monitor that forum regularly, and I'll be happy to take a look at the issue.

On Wednesday, September 21, 2016 at 9:11:36 AM UTC-4, Nijin Narayanan wrote:
Hi Nick,

Looks like Appengine Search API have some critical bug. API returns empty result if the query string value is in the NumberField.

​​For Example, I have NumberField "qty_ordered" which have value as 20. If I'm searching for "20",  API returns empty results. But it return results when I specify the field name in the query string like this: "qty_ordered:20".

If this field is a TextField, Its working as expected. The issue is only with the NumberField in Search API.

You can reproduce this issue in Appengine Console's Search API page as well as using code. Its works perfectly in SDK.

This is critically affecting my application search functionality.

--
Nijin Narayanan

Nijin Narayanan

Sep 22, 2016, 10:44:48 AM9/22/16
to Appengine Group

Nijin Narayanan

Sep 30, 2016, 8:20:08 AM9/30/16
to Appengine Group
Hi Nick,

Could you please provide an update on this.

--
Nijin Narayanan