Error - deploying a custom tinywebdb using Google App Engine Launcher --- Windows 7

John Woods

Apr 12, 2017, 9:07:26 AM4/12/17
to Google App Engine

HI,

I'm trying to deploy a custom tinywebdb using Google App Engine Launcher, and I get the error message shown below.  Can anyone tell me how to resolve this error.  Thanks.  John

 File "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\google_appengine\lib\httplib2\httplib2\__init__.py", line 1037, in connect
    raise SSLHandshakeError(e)
httplib2.SSLHandshakeError: [Errno 1] _ssl.c:499: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
2017-04-06 13:17:09 (Process exited with code 1)

You can close this window now.

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

Apr 12, 2017, 10:09:30 AM4/12/17
to Google App Engine
It seems like the SDK being used does not have currently supported SSL certificates bundled with it.  If you have an older version of the stand-alone SDK, the bundled certs may be outdated.  If you have the newest version of the standalone SDK, the certs may still not have been updated.  Having just tested the original App Engine SDK for Python myself (version 1.9.52) however, I can confirm that I was able to deploy my test application successfully without SSL handshake errors.

If you also have the newest version and still get this error when using the CLI appcfg.py update <your-app.yaml>, I would recommend filing a new issue on the Issue Tracker.  If you have an earlier version and want to continue using the stand-alone App Engine SDK, I'd recommend downloading the newest version which is currently 1.9.52.

If you're not particularly attached to the stand-alone SDK, I strongly recommend switching to the Cloud SDK as this is where much of Google's energy is spent for deployment tools.  It is a much more robust tool set and includes commands for almost all Google Cloud products so quite versatile.

Justin Beckwith

Apr 12, 2017, 1:07:10 PM4/12/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
+1 to moving towards the Cloud SDK.  If you're interested in a launcher-like UI on top of the Cloud SDK, feel free to this totally-unsupported-not-an-offical-google-product-side-project I put together:

Thanks!

Justin Beckwith | Google Cloud Platform | @justinbeckwith | http://jbeckwith.com

Liron Grossman

May 17, 2017, 9:18:34 AM5/17/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I had the same problem, It was solved after updating my Python version to 2.7.13

Hope that will help
Liron