Google Cloud Storage browser - can't share files publicly

Matej Ramuta

Aug 27, 2016, 4:46:12 AM8/27/16
to Google App Engine
Since yesterday I'm experiencing a bug on Google Cloud Storage browser. I wanted to add some new images to it and make them public, but can't do that anymore (see the image below or attachment).
  • There's no checkboxes in the "Share publicly" column anymore.
  • I also tried selecting an image (Name column) and then clicking on "Share publicly" button - but nothing happens.
The old images, which were made public before the bug all work ok. New images show "Access denied" XML when clicking on the public link.

Does anyone know where the problem is? It's very weird...

google-storage-problem.png

Леонтьев Пётр

Aug 29, 2016, 5:57:47 AM8/29/16
to Google App Engine
We experience the same problem. Uploading is successful but can't share files publicly.

Леонтьев Пётр

Aug 29, 2016, 5:59:21 AM8/29/16
to Google App Engine
Seems like backend is broken - no checkboxes for newly uploaded files.

Леонтьев Пётр

Aug 29, 2016, 6:02:52 AM8/29/16
to Google App Engine
Sorry to write this in different messages but need to say that gsutil works i.e. one can upload and share files publicly.

суббота, 27 августа 2016 г., 11:46:12 UTC+3 пользователь Matej Ramuta написал:
Since yesterday I'm experiencing a bug on Google Cloud Storage browser. I wanted to add some new images to it and make them public, but can't do that anymore (see the image below or attachment).

Леонтьев Пётр

Aug 29, 2016, 6:10:10 AM8/29/16
to Google App Engine
Tried to clear cache, refresh/change browser, create/change/delete user, manage permissions - nothing seems to work.

Matej Ramuta

Aug 29, 2016, 9:06:15 AM8/29/16
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Wonder if changing the html (adding in a checkbox) would help. The only catch would be to know the name attribute of the input element :)

On Aug 29, 2016 12:10, "Леонтьев Пётр" <leonte...@gmail.com> wrote:
Tried to clear cache, refresh/change browser, create/change/delete user, manage permissions - nothing seems to work.

Matej Ramuta

Aug 29, 2016, 1:52:10 PM8/29/16
to Google App Engine
Someone found a nice hack for this problem: https://code.google.com/p/google-cloud-sdk/issues/detail?id=1082 :)

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 29, 2016, 3:54:37 PM8/29/16
to Google App Engine
Yes, it's a known issue. For know the workaround as mentioned in the above link is to manually go to 'Edit permissions' and add the User 'allUsers' with Reader permission, or use the gsutil command to set permissions.

Matej Ramuta

Леонтьев Пётр

Sep 26, 2016, 12:45:57 PM9/26/16
to Google App Engine
We again experience this issue. Checkboxes are missing.