503 error on deploy

Onno Eberhard

Apr 22, 2017, 12:01:38 PM4/22/17
to Google App Engine
Hi,

for a few days now, whenever I tried to deploy my application to GAE, I received the following error:

com.google.appengine.tools.admin.HttpIoException: Error posting to URL: https://appengine.google.com/api/appversion/deploy?app_id=xxxxxx&version=1&
503 Service Unavailable
Try Again (503)An unexpected failure has occurred. Please try again.

This error occurs every time, except for maybe 1 in 30 attempts.
I didn't have this error before, and I can't figure out what is causing it..

How can this problem be solved?

Cheers,
Onno Eberhard

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 22, 2017, 1:48:16 PM4/22/17
to Google App Engine
In the past this has been related to issues on the App Engine side, but I'm not able to reproduce this currently. Is this a standard environment, Java 7 app?

Onno Eberhard

Apr 22, 2017, 3:15:56 PM4/22/17
to Google App Engine
Yes it is.
I've attached a log file.
appcfg2262411393256175449.log

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Apr 23, 2017, 3:21:55 PM4/23/17
to Google App Engine
I'd advise filing this on the Issue Tracker and linking back to it here, so we can investigate further. It looks like you're trying to deploy over the same version, so you may also want to test deployment to a new version, or test on a new project.

Onno Eberhard

Apr 23, 2017, 4:14:55 PM4/23/17
to Google App Engine
I believe I was able to fix the issue. The connection to my local hard drive was faulty and after I connected it to another port I was able to deploy the project without a problem.
If this is just a placebo-lucky try however and the error comes back, I will file the issue on the Issue Tracker as suggested.
Thanks :)