Spam Email Being Delivered to Inbox

Neil Notme

Jun 28, 2016, 9:31:31 AM6/28/16
to Google App Engine
I had my email configured as pop account and when spam email was delivered it was put into the gmail spam folder on the web and when I looked at my email in Outlook it would not be there (like the way I would like).  I just switched to IMAP and now when an email is delivered to my gmail account is=t is put into the spam folder on tthweb but that email is now showing up in my inbox in Outlook.  Please advise me how I can not have the spam email delivered to the Outlook inbox

Nicholas (Google Cloud Support)

Jun 28, 2016, 11:48:55 AM6/28/16
to Google App Engine
While I appreciate you sharing your experience and questions, I'm afraid this is not the appropriate forum to address your questions.  I would strongly suggest searching he GMail help center and familiarizing yourself with the differences between POP3 and IMAP.  One important note about IMAP as quoted in the previous link:
When a person uses IMAP, and he or she reads, deletes or moves email into folders, the action occurs across all devices simultaneously.
As such, whatever change happens to the email in GMail (including being moved to spam) will be reflected on your local device using Outlook.  If the email is deleted in one place, it will be deleted in both.  If existing in one place, it will exist in both.

I hope you find answers to your questions with the resources linked above.

Neil Notme

Jun 28, 2016, 1:46:22 PM6/28/16
to Google App Engine
Thank you for directing me to the Gmail Help Center.  Also, thanks for the info om IMAP and I am well aware of how the IMAP function works but that has nothing to do with the issue I have.  My problem is that spam mail when I look on the gmail web site it shows up in the sam folder but when I look at the same email in Outlook it shows up in the inbox.  I hope the Gmail Help Center can help me.