ClassNotFoundException: void

Bryan Harper

Oct 31, 2009, 8:28:12 PM10/31/09
to Google App Engine
I have been playing with a fairly simple app locally with not
problems. In my workspace I'm using google sdk 1.2.6 plugin for
eclipse, jsf 2.0.

The app has 2 main functions. 1 Persist user object, Delete user
object. The persist seems to work, but the delete will sometimes
throws the exception below. I know I didn't provide a lot of info
about the rest of the app, but I'm really not sure where to start
since it works fine locally. Thanks in advance for any help.

public void persistUserRecord(User u)throws Exception{
PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
pm.makePersistentAll(u);
pm.close();
}

public void deleteUserRecord(User u)throws Exception{
PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
pm.deletePersistent(pm.getObjectById(User.class, u.getId()));
pm.close();
}

EXCEPTION
javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: void
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle
(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:240)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle
(HandlerWrapper.java:139)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:
506)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete
(HttpConnection.java:830)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.RpcRequestParser.parseAvailable
(RpcRequestParser.java:76)
at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:381)
at
com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.JettyServletEngineAdapter.serviceRequest
(JettyServletEngineAdapter.java:139)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime.handleRequest
(JavaRuntime.java:239)
at com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime
$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:5135)
at com.google.apphosting.base.RuntimePb$EvaluationRuntime
$6.handleBlockingRequest(RuntimePb.java:5133)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.BlockingApplicationHandler.handleRequest
(BlockingApplicationHandler.java:24)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcUtil.runRpcInApplication(RpcUtil.java:
363)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server$2.run(Server.java:814)
at com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanRunnable.run
(LocalTraceSpanRunnable.java:56)
at com.google.tracing.LocalTraceSpanBuilder.internalContinueSpan
(LocalTraceSpanBuilder.java:516)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.startRpc(Server.java:769)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.Server.processRequest(Server.java:351)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.ServerConnection.messageReceived
(ServerConnection.java:437)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.parseMessages
(RpcConnection.java:319)
at com.google.net.rpc.impl.RpcConnection.dataReceived
(RpcConnection.java:290)
at com.google.net.async.Connection.handleReadEvent(Connection.java:
436)
at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.processNetworkEvents
(EventDispatcher.java:762)
at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.internalLoop
(EventDispatcher.java:207)
at com.google.net.async.EventDispatcher.loop(EventDispatcher.java:
101)
at com.google.net.rpc.RpcService.runUntilServerShutdown
(RpcService.java:251)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.JavaRuntime$RpcRunnable.run
(JavaRuntime.java:396)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException:
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: void
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SessionManager.deserialize
(SessionManager.java:389)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SessionManager.loadSession
(SessionManager.java:307)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.SessionManager.getSession
(SessionManager.java:282)
at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.AbstractSessionManager.getHttpSession
(AbstractSessionManager.java:237)
at org.mortbay.jetty.Request.getSession(Request.java:998)
at
com.sun.faces.application.WebappLifecycleListener.syncSessionScopedBeans
(WebappLifecycleListener.java:393)
at com.sun.faces.application.WebappLifecycleListener.requestDestroyed
(WebappLifecycleListener.java:117)
at com.sun.faces.config.ConfigureListener.requestDestroyed
(ConfigureListener.java:341)
at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle
(ContextHandler.java:725)
at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:
405)
at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle
(AppVersionHandlerMap.java:238)
... 27 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: void
at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-8df074edf1bfd6f4
(Request.java)
... 35 more
W 10-31 04:54PM 11.486
Nested in javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
[...]

napu

Nov 4, 2009, 3:07:43 PM11/4/09
to Google App Engine
I got the same exception with JSF 2.0.1. The page showed once but when
I tried to move forward with a button click I got the exception. I
guess I'll go back to 1.2 for the time being.

/napu

On Nov 1, 2:28 am, Bryan Harper <brnh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been playing with a fairly simple app locally with not
> problems. In my workspace I'm using google sdk 1.2.6 plugin for
> eclipse, jsf 2.0.
>
> The app has 2 main functions. 1 Persist user object, Delete user
> object. The persist seems to work, but the delete will sometimes
> throws the exception below. I know I didn't provide a lot of info
> about the rest of the app, but I'm really not sure where to start
> since it works fine locally. Thanks in advance for any help.
>
>         public void persistUserRecord(User u)throws Exception{
>                 PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
>                 pm.makePersistentAll(u);
>                 pm.close();
>         }
>
>         public void deleteUserRecord(User u)throws Exception{
>                 PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
>                 pm.deletePersistent(pm.getObjectById(User.class, u.getId()));
>                 pm.close();
>         }
>
> EXCEPTION
> javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.RuntimeException:
> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: void
>         at com.google.apphosting.runtime.jetty.AppVersionHandlerMap.handle
> (AppVersionHandlerMap.java:240)

Mirco Attocchi

Nov 12, 2009, 1:12:20 PM11/12/09
to Google App Engine
Same problem with JSF 2.0.1. Some times pages render some time no.
Locally on SDK 1.2.6 pages render well, I've the problem on-line.

Pheraps is better to post the problem here http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine-java

Mirco

On Nov 4, 9:07 pm, napu <nap...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got the same exception with JSF 2.0.1. The page showed once but when
> I tried to move forward with a button click I got the exception. I
> guess I'll go back to 1.2 for the time being.
>
> /napu
>
> On Nov 1, 2:28 am, Bryan Harper <brnh...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have been playing with a fairly simple app locally with not
> > problems. In my workspace I'm using google sdk 1.2.6 plugin for
> > eclipse, jsf 2.0.
>
> > The app has 2 main functions. 1 Persist user object, Delete user
> > object. The persist seems to work, but the delete will sometimes
> > throws the exception below. I know I didn't provide a lot of info
> > about the rest of the app, but I'm really not sure where to start
> > since it works fine locally. Thanks in advance for any help.
>
> >         publicvoidpersistUserRecord(User u)throws Exception{
> >                 PersistenceManager pm = PMF.get().getPersistenceManager();
> >                 pm.makePersistentAll(u);
> >                 pm.close();
> >         }
>
> >         publicvoiddeleteUserRecord(User u)throws Exception{

addy.bhardwaj

Nov 20, 2009, 8:54:28 AM11/20/09
to Google App Engine
I had the same issue and the way I fixed it was to set state saving to
client side. If that doesn't fix try following the steps on my blog
and let me know if the problem is still there.
Check out my blog for details :
http://consultingblogs.emc.com/jaddy/archive/2009/11/20/jsf2-in-google-app-engine.aspx
.