URL Fetch server not found - DNS updates post DDOS attack?

Will Reiher

Oct 21, 2016, 3:52:46 PM10/21/16
to Google App Engine
I'm able to contact a remote API server just fine from my local testing server... but the live server is not able to find/route to the server. Is there a way to update the DNS cache for my project?

Will Reiher

Oct 21, 2016, 4:03:36 PM10/21/16
to Google App Engine
All my urlfetch calls are failing since they cant get to the host... DNS is not updated.

Will Reiher

Oct 21, 2016, 4:46:20 PM10/21/16
to Google App Engine
I WAS ABLE TO FIX IN THE SHORT TERM.

It seems to be related to a cached ssl certificate on google cloud but I was able to skip the validation with url fetch and everything works.

urlfetch.fetch(url, validate_certificate=False)...

Robert Fox

Oct 22, 2016, 9:20:53 AM10/22/16
to Google App Engine
Can you share info on the SSL outage?  This might be why I can no longer connect to my SSL-only Cloud SQL instance.

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

Oct 24, 2016, 5:01:44 PM10/24/16
to Google App Engine
Can anyone confirm if they are still having issues, and share some details if so?