writable files in wordpress

Vick Khera

Jan 15, 2018, 2:31:05 PM1/15/18
to Google App Engine
It seems some wordpress module authors like to write files for temporary use, such as exporting some data from Easy Digital Downloads (a store-front plugin). They emit errors such as `Your content folder in “gs://bucketname/1” is not writeable.` which naturally it is not. I've also seen this one: `AccessDeniedAccess denied.Anonymous users does not have storage.objects.get access to bucketname/1/mailster/templates/1/mailster/templates/mymail/index.html.`

The "gcs" plugin makes it work right for storing media.

Not being a wordpress developer (nor an advanced PHP programmer) how does one approach fixing this or asking the authors to fix it? Are they supposed to be using some other wordpress or PHP API for writing and reading files which gets magically transformed into something that just works inside GAE flexible?

So far the two main plugins I have with this issue are Easy Digital Downloads for exporting data, and Mailster for saving message campaigns and storing my own templates. Any advice on how to approach those developers to make their modules more GAE friendly would be appreciated.

Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 15, 2018, 11:41:29 PM1/15/18
to Google App Engine
For specific technical questions, I recommend that you also ask your question on Stack Overflow using one of the tags monitored by our community technical support team.

Kindly Note, that you could control the access to your Cloud Storage buckets and objects by the options which is provided in Access Control Options documentation.