Help! please

LizBetSoft Ingenieria en software

Apr 8, 2012, 1:21:30 PM4/8/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Some times only in production I got this exception:

In the stack trace never appears any own class, so I think its some thing in the Engine. I don't have idea where is the error or even how to fix it.

javax.servlet.ServletContext log: greetHR: An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: java.lang.Boohean
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:315)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:206)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.doPost(AbstractRemoteServiceServlet.java:62)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:637)

alex

Apr 8, 2012, 2:51:54 PM4/8/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
What's java.lang.Boohean ?

I guess that's supposed to be java.lang.Boolean
You should be testing the code more (you are testing your code, right?)

LizBetSoft Ingenieria en software

Apr 8, 2012, 3:55:56 PM4/8/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Tx alex.

I don know what is java.lang.Boohean and I don't understand what do u mean by testing my code.

The problem appeared suddenly in production the last Friday, i didn't deploy new version. It suddenly happens and now it suddenly disappear.

The problem was present in all my apps and now its not present any more. I don't know what happened but my apps were presenting problems a few days.

Any ways thank you Alex.

Jeff Schnitzer

Apr 8, 2012, 8:57:22 PM4/8/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
While it's theoretically possible that Google could have tweaked
something somewhere such that your RPC protocol munged Boolean into
Boohean, this seems about as likely as me winning the lotto tomorrow
(I don't play it).

Either:

1) Someone on your team is deploying code changes despite your protestations
2) Your app hit an untested code path that has broken parts
3) You typed in that stacktrace by hand and made a typeo.

I'm willing to bet you will figure it out by grepping your codebase
(or your version control) for "Boohean".

Jeff

> --
> For more options, visit this group at

LizBetSoft Ingenieria en software

Apr 10, 2012, 1:28:39 PM4/10/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Now i got this error.

javax.servlet.ServletContext log: greetHR: An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.lizbet.shared*tables.AbstractData
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:315)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:206)
Why is the * instead of a dot?
It happens 3 times in one of my apps and then no more. The exception vary in the class name not founded but the exception is always the same but is spontaneous.

For example i have been got this exception too.
javax.servlet.ServletContext log: greetHR: An IncompatibleRemoteServiceException was thrown while processing this call.
com.google.gwt.user.client.rpc.IncompatibleRemoteServiceException: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.lizbet.shared.tables.LbsBooleajValue
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RPC.decodeRequest(RPC.java:315)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processCall(RemoteServiceServlet.java:206)
	at com.google.gwt.user.server.rpc.RemoteServiceServlet.processPost(RemoteServiceServlet.java:248)

In this case it should be com.lizbet.shared.tables.LbsBooleanValue instead of com.lizbet.shared.tables.LbsBooleajValue the question is, ¿Why is it happening? I never type it in code its just a class that exist.

Jeff Schnitzer

Apr 10, 2012, 2:24:33 PM4/10/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Ah, that's more interesting. Sounds like some sort of hardware flaw
like bad RAM. Yours or Google's, I don't know. It could be something
in production, or it could be something that crept into your package
on compile.

If the problem is consistent (always shared*tables or BooleajValue)
then it probably crept in on compile and the defect is yours. If the
problem varies a lot, it's likely a bad server instance in the
cluster. File a production issue, note your appid, appversion, and
the time of the log entries that show the problem.

I could be wrong, but this is exactly what I saw back in the early 90s
when I had a box with mismatched RAM speeds. Almost everything
worked, but memory-intensive activity like compilation would introduce
obscure data errors.

Jeff

>> > google-appengi...@googlegroups.com.

>> > For more options, visit this group at
>> > http://groups.google.com/group/google-appengine?hl=en.
>

> --

> google-appengi...@googlegroups.com.

LizBetSoft Ingenieria en software

Apr 10, 2012, 3:01:25 PM4/10/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks a lot for your help Jeff.

The class's names varies a lot and happens only in production. And has lessened.
The first day i detected the error, was present 80% of my RCP calls in all my apps in production (15), today it happens 5% but still happen.

How can I fix it?