500 error

Anuja Deshmukh

Apr 24, 2014, 3:40:28 AM4/24/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I had created a simple application with a jsp page and a servlet. It gets deployed on Google app engine successfully. after that a browser will open. but in browser i m able
to see only html page.. when i try for jsp or servlet it gives 500 error (server not found try after 30 sec). What it means ?

Vinny P

Apr 24, 2014, 1:07:40 PM4/24/14
On Thu, Apr 24, 2014 at 2:40 AM, Anuja Deshmukh <deshmuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had created a simple application with a jsp page and a servlet. It gets deployed on Google app engine successfully. after that a browser will open. but in browser i m able
to see only html page.. when i try for jsp or servlet it gives 500 error (server not found try after 30 sec). What it means ?

A 500 error is not a "not found" error (that's 404). HTTP 500 is a generic Internal Server Error explanation. There's too little information to explain why the error is occurring; can you look into App Engine logging and see if any errors pop up there?

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Advisor
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

Anuja Deshmukh

Apr 28, 2014, 1:28:04 AM4/28/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
sorry u r right.. its not "not found" error its a server error...

in App Engine logging there is -
1.
Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/jsp/final_jsp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 at com.google

and it is showing an information-
2.
This request caused a new process to be started for your application, and thus caused your application code to be loaded for the first time.

Can u plz help m to solve this issue ?

Vinny P

Apr 28, 2014, 4:11:42 AM4/28/14
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 12:28 AM, Anuja Deshmukh <deshmuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
u r right.. its not "not found" error its a server error...

in App Engine logging there is -
1.
Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/jsp/final_jsp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 at com.google

Can you post the entire contents of the "uncaught exception" log text? Include the whole stack trace, plus the top header of the request log.

Anuja Deshmukh

Apr 28, 2014, 4:18:02 AM4/28/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
2014-04-27 22:22:40.250
Uncaught exception from servlet
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/jsp/final_jsp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0
	at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-2eed26292fffb206(Request.java)
	at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142)
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449)
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor5.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at org.mortbay.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:91)
	at org.mortbay.util.Loader.loadClass(Loader.java:71)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Holder.doStart(Holder.java:73)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.doStart(ServletHolder.java:242)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.initialize(ServletHandler.java:685)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.Context.startContext(Context.java:140)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.startContext(WebAppContext.java:1250)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.doStart(ContextHandler.java:517)
	at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.doStart(WebAppContext.java:467)
	at org.mortbay.component.AbstractLifeCycle.start(AbstractLifeCycle.java:50)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable.runInContext(TraceContext.java:437)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable$1.run(TraceContext.java:444)
	at com.google.tracing.CurrentContext.runInContext(CurrentContext.java:188)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContextNoUnref(TraceContext.java:308)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$AbstractTraceContextCallback.runInInheritedContext(TraceContext.java:300)
	at com.google.tracing.TraceContext$TraceContextRunnable.run(TraceContext.java:441)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:724)

this is exception...

Vinny P

Apr 28, 2014, 1:32:58 PM4/28/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Apr 28, 2014 at 3:18 AM, Anuja Deshmukh <deshmuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
2014-04-27 22:22:40.250
Uncaught exception from servlet java.lang.
UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/apache/jsp/final_jsp : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 at com.google.appengine.runtime.Request.process-2eed26292fffb206(Request.java) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)

Are you compiling with Java JDK 7? Go into your Eclipse IDE, into Window > Preferences > Java > Compiler and use the dropdown box to set Compiler Compliance Level to 1.7. Then go into the Installed JREs pane (it's under the Java menu) and make sure a JDK 7 installation is set to be used.

If you have any older Java installs, delete them off your computer (unless you absolutely need them for non-AppEngine projects).

Anuja Deshmukh

Apr 29, 2014, 1:17:47 AM4/29/14
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

I had checker for your suggestion, compiler compliance level is 1.7 itself. and jdk 1.7 is used.
I my computer there is jdk 1.8 is also installed. bt the environment setting had been done with jdk 1.7.
I attached a snapshot of installed jre setting.
please find an attachment !

Thank you.

installed jre.docx

Vinny P

Apr 30, 2014, 4:09:45 AM4/30/14
On Tue, Apr 29, 2014 at 12:17 AM, Anuja Deshmukh <deshmuk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I had checker for your suggestion, compiler compliance level is 1.7 itself. and jdk 1.7 is used.
I my computer there is jdk 1.8 is also installed. bt the environment setting had been done with jdk 1.7.

Something in your application is getting compiled with your JDK 8 installation. You have to either remove the JDK 8 install, or reconfigure your Eclipse installation/computer so JDK 8 isn't used. Try going into your computer's environment variables and removing any reference to JDK 8.

The reason that JDK 8 is the culprit is that your stack trace declares a unsupported major.minor version of 52.0. That version corresponds to JDK 8 (see this wiki page for reference, scroll down to this table: http://imgur.com/XSgRoFK ).