ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR suddenly appear in Chrome for site using HTTP/2 Server Push on AppEngine Standard

MajorBuild

Jan 16, 2017, 10:00:36 AM1/16/17
to Google App Engine
See this site https://www.majorbuild.com/ in Chrome Browser (I tested Desktop and Mobile both failed), it used to work for weeks but today I noticed the site appears blank. From Chrome console there's an error: Failed to load resource: net::ERR_SPDY_PROTOCOL_ERROR

I suspect something's wrong with AppEngine as error started while I was not working on it.

Site was build in polymer and I have configured in app.yaml to serve homepage with HTTP/2 Server Push:

handlers:
- url: /
  static_files: index.html
  upload: index.html
  secure: always
  redirect_http_response_code: 301
  http_headers:
    Cache-control: no-cache
    Link: </src/my-app.html>; rel=preload; as=document,</bower_components/polymer/polymer.html>; rel=preload; as=document,</bower_components/polymer/polymer-mini.html>; rel=preload; as=document,</bower_components/polymer/polymer-micro.html>; rel=preload; as=document,</bower_components/iron-flex-layout/iron-flex-layout.html>; rel=preload; as=document

Site still works in Edge / IE, just not Chrome (probably only Chrome works with SPDY / HTTP2?)

I wonder if anyone also using HTTP/2 Server Push in AppEngine Standard and got the same issue?
Message has been deleted

MajorBuild

Jan 16, 2017, 10:46:52 AM1/16/17
to Google App Engine
To avoid site down time, I've moved the failing example to:
https://www.majorbuild.com/h2

It's exactly the same as https://www.majorbuild.com/ except the http headers with link

Also filed an issue to https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=13502

MajorBuild

Jan 16, 2017, 11:04:02 AM1/16/17
to Google App Engine
http2 server push suddenly works again in both Desktop and Mobile Chrome browser, looks like someone had already fixed it

MajorBuild

Jan 16, 2017, 11:29:14 AM1/16/17
to Google App Engine
looks like the problem happen again

MajorBuild

Jan 17, 2017, 9:10:02 AM1/17/17
to Google App Engine
Strangely, this issue was very unstable, sometime it works and sometimes it fail. Now the server even works but ignore the Link: headers. If any Googler is working on this could you get us informed what's going on?

Here's a screen shot showing http2 server push no  longer working, but web page loads (slowly)

Alex (Cloud Platform Support)

Jan 17, 2017, 1:12:16 PM1/17/17
to Google App Engine

Hi,

As you’ve already appropriately opened a Public Issue Tracker thread for App Engine regarding this issue, let’s continue its investigation there.

For anyone reading this post, please refer to the opened PIT thread [1] if experiencing a similar issue.

[1] https://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=13502

Message has been deleted