Dev App server giving error "Call to undefined function move_uploaded_file()"

Paul Canning

Jul 27, 2015, 6:27:21 AM7/27/15
to Google App Engine
The dev app server has started giving me the error:

"Call to undefined function move_uploaded_file()"

I am using this same function on a live module and it has worked perfectly in the past on the dev server.

I am using PHP 5.5, defined in the config yaml file.

Mars Lan

Jul 27, 2015, 5:03:34 PM7/27/15
to Google App Engine, pa...@drawandcode.com
What OS are you running dev_appserver on? Are you using terminal or launcher?

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 27, 2015, 5:16:26 PM7/27/15
to Google App Engine, pa...@drawandcode.com, pa...@drawandcode.com
Hi Paul,

Google Groups isn't the place to post specific technical issues, as this forum is meant more for general discussion of the platform and services.

If you would like help with a technical issue, you should post to stackoverflow [1] or serverfault [2].

If you believe you've identified and can reproduce an issue with the platform itself (behaviour is different from documentation or error occurs during normal use), then you should proceed to open a public issue tracker [3] issue with enough detail to reproduce the issue on our side, or if possible, an attached app that can be used to directly observe the behaviour.

Your issue report contains not enough information to determine what is happening, even in the event that you did post it to one of those other locations, so I suggest adding more detail before doing so. Some of that information might be:

* what version of the SDK you're using (is it latest? usually best to use the latest SDK and re-try to see if the error occurs)
* what OS you're using
* the full stack trace of the issue
* what your app code is doing (even just a minimal snippet that will reproduce the behaviour, or your complete app code)

If you would like to open a thread in this forum discussing the platform or services in more broad terms, starting a discussion that would be useful for other users to join in to, feel free to do so.

Have a great day!

Paul Canning

Jul 27, 2015, 5:19:20 PM7/27/15
to Mars Lan, Google App Engine

Windows 7, 64bit. Via terminal.

This worked in the same dev environment just a week or so ago.

And as mentioned, works flawlessly on my deployment module. Same code, same PHP version.

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 27, 2015, 5:21:22 PM7/27/15
to Google App Engine, pa...@drawandcode.com, mar...@google.com, pa...@drawandcode.com
Hey Paul,

It's great to provide that info. As I mentioned in my reply, I think this should move to stackoverflow, where you'll find a lot more people who can help. Be sure to include the full error message and code context when you do so.

Best wishes,

Nick

Paul Canning

Jul 27, 2015, 5:35:01 PM7/27/15
to Nick (Cloud Platform Support), google-a...@googlegroups.com, mar...@google.com

Sorry my reply was to the message above yours.

I'll do a full break down tomorrow.

Despite posting in the wrong place, has anyone got any insight on this issue?

Mars Lan

Jul 27, 2015, 7:07:39 PM7/27/15
to Paul Canning, Nick (Cloud Platform Support), google-a...@googlegroups.com
In the command line you'll need to point to the bundled PHP interpreter and GAE extension in order for things to work correctly.

Paul Canning

Jul 27, 2015, 7:12:02 PM7/27/15
to Mars Lan, google-a...@googlegroups.com, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Can you link to any documentation?

I've never had to do that before. I've always just ran "dev_appserver.py app.yaml" and it worked.

Mars Lan

Jul 27, 2015, 7:16:42 PM7/27/15
to Paul Canning, Google App Engine, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)
The documentation is a bit behind, but the corresponding flags are --php_executable_path & --php_gae_extension_path. They are automatically specified when running from the launcher, and you can see the exact command from the log window.

Paul Canning

Jul 27, 2015, 7:25:34 PM7/27/15
to Mars Lan, google-a...@googlegroups.com, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

I'll give it a go, but like I said, I've never used those flags before and it's worked fine. Why all of a sudden do I need to use them?

Mars Lan

Jul 27, 2015, 7:32:15 PM7/27/15
to Paul Canning, Google App Engine, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)
What version of SDK are you using?

Paul Canning

Jul 28, 2015, 5:04:43 AM7/28/15
to Mars Lan, Google App Engine, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)
Google Cloud SDK 0.9.70

app 2015.07.16
app-engine-java 1.9.23
app-engine-python 1.9.23
app-engine-python-extras 1.9.21
bq 2.0.18
bq-win 2.0.18
core 2015.07.16
core-win 2015.06.02
gcloud 2015.07.16
gsutil 4.13
gsutil-win 4.12
preview 2015.07.16
windows-ssh-tools 2015.06.02
--
---------------------------------
Paul Canning

Mars Lan

Jul 29, 2015, 5:31:28 PM7/29/15
to Paul Canning, Google App Engine, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)
I believe this is a known issue of gcloud. Please use the App Engine SDK for now: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/downloads

Paul Canning

Jul 29, 2015, 5:55:33 PM7/29/15
to Mars Lan, Google App Engine, Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

I got it to work using the PHP executable path flag, but yea, would be nice for it to work as it did previously!