IAP has a short timeout

Geoffrey Arnold

May 18, 2017, 12:50:21 PM5/18/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

We've enabled IAP on one of our apps. I haven't timed it precisely, but it appears that the login credentials are expiring rather quickly (one the order of an hour or so), requiring us to reauthenticate with IAP.

This makes it difficult to use IAP with AJAX-y apps because we're constantly requiring our users to reauthenticate (ie. choose which Google Account account to use).

Is this expected?

Best,
Geoff.

Geoffrey Arnold

May 18, 2017, 4:49:57 PM5/18/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Quick follow-up: it appears the timeout is 1 hour.

For comparison, when using the GAE Users API, the timeout is on the order of days.

Geoffrey Arnold

May 22, 2017, 5:57:04 PM5/22/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
FYI I opened a ticket in the public issue tracker: