Why Domain is Loading very slowly but when opening directly through App Engine Url it is opening very fastly?

Sudhanshu Gaur

Mar 23, 2018, 6:34:18 PM3/23/18
to Google App Engine

I have a Domain which i bought it from GoDaddy.com and i have linked it to Google App Engine Flexible(NodeJs) Environment.

Now I when I am opening my Domain then it is sometimes taking more than 5 secs to load and sometimes I am getting Error

Server Error - 502

But the thing is when i am directly opening my app engine url which is https://************.appspot.com/ then it is always opening without status code 502 and also very fast.

Can anyone please tell me why this is happening.

Ani Hatzis

Mar 24, 2018, 8:27:31 AM3/24/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Is your app hosted in the asia-northeast1 or australia-southeast1 regions? In this case you might be affected by this issue: 64458939 Custom Domains latency impact. Star the issue to get notified of any changes.

Sudhanshu Gaur

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 25, 2018, 3:54:04 PM3/25/18
to Google App Engine
This looks to be a different issue specific to this project (since you are seeing actual 502s). I recommend that you open a Public Issue Tracker report with your project number and the domain that you have configured, and the support team will be able to investigate this in more depth there.