Custom Domain for App Engine w/o ghs.googlehosted.com

Abhijit Kalamkar

May 22, 2018, 12:19:11 PM5/22/18
to Google App Engine
We have setup custom domain for our App Engine app (std env) and it is working fine for HTTPS for most of the modern browsers.

But there is a problem with old TLS1.0 clients that do not support SNI (Server Name Indication). Since the custom domain is a CNAME to ghs.googlehosted.com clients need SNI to get to correct app on app engine.

Is there any alternative way of setting custom domain for HTTPS that does not involve ghs.googlehosted.com or SNI? Any suggestions for a LB, CDN, Proxy that can serve dedicated custom domain talking to app engine app (over http/https) as backend?

Kamran (Google Cloud Support)

May 22, 2018, 7:45:09 PM5/22/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Hello Abhijit,

I'd recommend opening an issue for this on Google public issue tracker, so we can take a closer look into it.