Problem with database failed to connect to cloudsql

Mutasim Issa

Jul 18, 2017, 10:05:12 AM7/18/17
to Google App Engine
Hello,

I'm trying to deploy a wordpress site on app engine and cloud SQL, I tried first and second generation cloud sql with same result; when I try to access the site on .appspot.com it shows Database error, I authorised access to the cloudsql instance by typing app ID only, what could be the problem?
Thanks

George (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 18, 2017, 10:35:19 AM7/18/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Mutasim,

Access control occurs on two levels: Instance-level access and Database access. The app ID does not award you access to the database instance. You can find more information and easy steps to follow on the "Instance Access Control" documentation page

If you need to connect from external application, you can follow the advice on the "Connecting to Cloud SQL from External Applications" page

We are here to gladly reply to eventual extra questions.

Mutasim Issa

Jul 18, 2017, 5:44:33 PM7/18/17
to Google App Engine
I don't think this was the problem, the SQL instance and the appengine were in the same project, however I think something was wrong in Wordpress config files, I reinstalled the endpoint and it succeed at the end.