I need to rename the original organization

Matías Blasi

Mar 21, 2018, 9:26:00 PM3/21/18
to Google App Engine
Hi all,

I recently renamed my project.
With this, I registered a new hostname, with godaddy, and configured this in my existant G Suite account.
That is working as expected.

The only missing thing is to rename the organization in the google cloud platform, since my proyect is still under an organization called as my previous domain, and I'm not able either to rename it, neither to create a new one.
If I try to create a proyect, the only option is the old organization.

I added almost every roles I see to try to be able to rename the organization or create a new one, with no success.

Also, I changed everything I see in the G Suite admin page, such as company name, email accounts domain, and I also removed the old domain registration from my GSuite account, I have everything configured to the new domain name.

Can you help me to create a new organization, or to rename the existant?

Regards,
Matias.

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Mar 22, 2018, 10:21:14 AM3/22/18
to Google App Engine

Hello Matias,

You may try moving your project to the (new) organization using this document. But also, since it could be a renaming ( not recreating ) issue of the organization, it could be that it is a caching issue in your browser. Hence try clearing cache, or use incognito.  If that didn’t resolve it, and since this is a general discussion forum, and your issue requires private information about your project, domain, and organization, you may open a private issue tracker for further assistance.

Thank you

Matías Blasi

Mar 22, 2018, 11:59:37 AM3/22/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Fady,

I tried almost everything. It is not a caching issue... And I don´t have a new organization, it is just the original one, but it didn´t change its name when I renamed my primary domain in g suite.
Though, following the first step in the document, I see some strange thing: the organization appears with the new name in the "select project screen", but it is with the old name everywhere, including the option box in the top:

The correct one is the one shown in the list (****), but I still see the old one everywhere (****):

If I try to move it:

There is only one organization, the only place where I see the new name, It also have the same organization id than the previous one.

It looks like some kind of incosistency.

Regards,
Matías.

Matías Blasi

Mar 22, 2018, 12:07:11 PM3/22/18
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I forgot to say that I already file an issue in the issue tracker, but unfortunately, my account plan just include billing support. For this kind of issues they forwaded me to this forum. :(

Matías.

Fady (Google Cloud Platform)

Mar 22, 2018, 1:49:52 PM3/22/18
to Google App Engine

Hello Matias,

Issue tracker is meant for reporting defects and asking for new features. Hence, whether you have a support package or not, we welcome opening such reports. You may read about it at this document. For further help, I have already created a private issue tracker for you (check private message). On the other hand, I have redacted your project information from your past message for privacy and security reasons.

Matías Blasi

Mar 22, 2018, 2:09:37 PM3/22/18
to Google App Engine
Thank you very much Fady!