Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Gaurav Nanda

ungelesen,
27.10.2015, 13:32:5627.10.15
an Google App Engine
Hi,

This may not be the right forum to ask, but someone might have some info.

I recently bought a domain name from "Google domains" say "abc.com". I want to forward "abc.com" to some "xyz.com" without changing the URL address. I know I could do that in GoDaddy, there was simple option to mask. However, I don't see it in Google Domain.

I am sure, im missing something. Could someone tell how could we do it.

Thanks,
Gaurav Nanda

Jason Collins

ungelesen,
27.10.2015, 16:52:2827.10.15
an Google App Engine
Domain "masking" isn't achieved within the DNS proto itself. To do this, basically, you need to stand-up a webserver that serves out a frameset to the actual domain. (GoDaddy does this for you under the hood.)

You could do this on App Engine by creating a separate module that serves the frameset and then using dispatch.yaml to route requests for abc.com to this module that serves the iframe for xyz.com.

That said, domain "masking" is super-yuchy and totally breaks bookmarking. Don't do it. ;)

GAURAV MALIK

ungelesen,
14.06.2017, 16:37:5514.06.17
an Google App Engine
I am having the same issue and according to Jason Collins comment, I made a mistake purchasing the domain from GOOGLE. should have stayed with GODADDY only.
Allen antworten
Antwort an Autor
Weiterleiten
0 neue Nachrichten