Flexible environment network pricing

Tatsuyuki Ishi

Dec 7, 2016, 4:35:10 AM12/7/16
to Google App Engine
I've noticed that Google added a (more expensive) flexible environment specific instance pricing.
Now, the question arise: what network pricing does it use? The Compute Engine one? or the GAE specific one that doesn't treat inter-GCP free?

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 7, 2016, 1:11:17 PM12/7/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Tatsuyuki,

This is indeed something that would be good to clarify in the documentation. I have an intuition that it uses the Compute Engine network, given that the instances are hosted as Compute Engine VM's, but I'll try to get a confirmation on this and come back to this thread, along with a commitment to update the documentation to be more explicit.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Dec 15, 2016, 7:18:16 PM12/15/16
to Google App Engine
Hey Tatsuyuki,

I can confirm here that the Flexible Environment / Managed VM apps will be billed according to Compute Engine rates, as suspected. We're working on getting the documentation updated at the moment.

Regards,