Certificate Mismatch

Alex Mungai

Sep 13, 2017, 9:08:52 AM9/13/17
to Google App Engine

Hi

I recently uploaded a security certificate to my application and since then I've getting this error now and then.

domain.com uses an invalid security certificate.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_BAD_CERT_DOMAIN

Kindly Assist.

Anastasios Hatzis

Sep 13, 2017, 10:10:07 AM9/13/17
to Google App Engine
Alex,

if I understand your post correctly, in your browser the address is a custom domain name of your app when you get the SSL error. If you get that error, please check what certificate was used for the connection (e.g. with developer tools in Chrome) and whether the request was really served by Google App Engine (by checking the HTTP headers). My guess is, that the "wrong" certificate is issued by Google and it is used by default for all App Engine apps, and it is not your own certificate which you have uploaded.

Maybe you forgot to map your certificate to all the domains / sub-domains of your app after you uploaded the cert. You can do this in the same place in Cloud Console. In App Engine > Settings > SSL Certificates, click on the certificate and see for which of your domains / sub-domains your cert is enabled. Also under "Custom Domains" you can see if your app has any domain name that is not yet served with your custom certificate.

After your change you may need to visit your app in a different browser / incognito mode or so to avoid any stale response. But in my experience any change should be visible to your client with-in a few seconds or a minute.

Ani