deployment happening forever

aleena davy

Feb 23, 2015, 4:54:16 PM2/23/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

app id : aleenadavy1. Is there any way to solve this issue?

Vinny P

Feb 24, 2015, 2:04:46 AM2/24/15
On Mon, Feb 23, 2015 at 3:54 PM, aleena davy <arlet...@gmail.com> wrote:

app id : aleenadavy1. Is there any way to solve this issue?

When you say deployment is taking forever, do you mean deployment takes a long time but eventually deploys your app, or deployment takes forever and never finishes the process?

For the first situation, don't worry about it. That happens when the Google servers are busy but your deployment will go through sooner or later. If you're experiencing the second situation: how long have you been unable to deploy, and have you changed anything about your Google account recently?

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

Gerrit Vermeulen

Feb 24, 2015, 4:29:28 AM2/24/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Having a similar issue with our apps as well. Everything seems to work fine until "Checking if deployment succeeded", at which point it just keeps checking every minute until it times out. This started happening today - we first noticed it at 08h30 UTC.

11:11 AM Starting deployment.
11:11 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:11 AM Will check again in 1 seconds.
11:11 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:11 AM Will check again in 2 seconds.
11:11 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:11 AM Will check again in 4 seconds.
11:11 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:11 AM Will check again in 8 seconds.
11:12 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:12 AM Will check again in 16 seconds.
11:12 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:12 AM Will check again in 32 seconds.
11:12 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:12 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:13 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:14 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:15 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:15 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:16 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:16 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:17 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:17 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:18 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:18 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:19 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:19 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:20 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:20 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:21 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:21 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.
11:22 AM Checking if deployment succeeded.
11:22 AM Will check again in 60 seconds.

Gerrit Vermeulen

Feb 24, 2015, 6:14:20 AM2/24/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
This seems to be fixed for us now across all our apps. What on earth...?

PK

Feb 24, 2015, 11:21:52 AM2/24/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Based on my long experience with GAE this happens once in a while and then fixes itself. There is never an announcement of downtime from Google. It is probably not happening across all clusters at the same time so it might not work for you but works for many others at the same time.

PK

PK

Feb 24, 2015, 11:53:35 AM2/24/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
But today there was an announcement for this issue in the downtime-notify group, so either Google is improving its communication or this was wide spread enough that could not be ignored.

Date: February 24, 2015 at 3:24:42 AM PST
Subject: Elevated latency in deploying applications to App Engine
From: Google Cloud Platform Status <nor...@cloud-status-prod.appspotmail.com>

Starting at Tuesday, 2015-02-24 00:00, Google App Engine showed increased latency when deploying applications possibly leading to timeouts. This incident with Google App Engine deployment was resolved as of Tuesday, 2015-02-24 01:54 (all times are in US/Pacific). We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience and continued support. Please rest assured that system reliability is a top priority at Google, and we are making continuous improvements to make our systems better.