GCS Client lib (incorrectly?) produces Files API deprecation warning

tempy

Jul 23, 2015, 11:07:03 AM7/23/15
to Google App Engine
Hi everyone,

Basically, my question is the same as the contents of this unanswered SO question: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30814777/latest-appengine-gcs-client-lib-produces-gcs-java-api-deprecation-warning

With the coming deprecation of the Files API, we're rushing to move to cloud storage. Things seem to be working, but I still get the warning "The Google Cloud Storage Java API is deprecated and will soon be removed. Please use the Google Cloud Storage Client library instead. Migration documentation is available here: https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/java/googlecloudstorageclient/migrate" in the console of the development server, even though our code doesn't reference the Files API anywhere (I checked and then checked again).

I just want to make sure that once the Files API is really gone, that nothing will blow up. Is it safe to ignore this warning?

Thanks,
Mike

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Jul 28, 2015, 10:29:27 AM7/28/15
to Google App Engine, fay...@gmail.com, fay...@gmail.com

Hey tempy,

If you're not using com.google.appengine.api.files.FileService, you don't need to worry. You're correct to note that this is still apparently used by that local class in the GCS client libary. There's a currently-open issue on the github project to get that addressed.

So, feel free to ignore that warning.