Flex pricing question

40 visningar

Patrick Jackson

oläst,
12 okt. 2017 13:39:022017-10-12
till Google App Engine
In the flexible environment pricing is based on vCPU/ per hour (https://cloud.google.com/appengine/pricing).  How does this relate to the number of VM instances I am running?  Below is a snapshot of my dashboard showing 13 instances running, but cpu usage to be much lower.  I am using the default cpu setting in app.yaml and a memory_gb: 2.

Thanks
Patrick Jackson

Kenworth (Google Cloud Platform)

oläst,
12 okt. 2017 17:12:392017-10-12
till Google App Engine
CPU usage is lower because there are more instances serving your application. The tasks are basically distributed.

For every instance, there is a related vCPU used and a corresponding length of time this instance was used. For example, you have 3 instances that served as follows:

1st instance - 1 hour
2nd instance - 2 hours
3rd instance - 1.5 hour(s)

Assuming all instances are using 2 cores, the calculation would be:

1st instance = 1 hour x 2 cores x $0.0526
2nd instance = 2 hours x 2 cores x $0.0526
3rd instance = 1.5 hour(s) x 2 cores x $0.0526

Svara alla
Svara författaren
Vidarebefordra
0 nya meddelanden