google-plus phising via plus.sfghfghfdg.appspot.com

Jerry Hopper

May 10, 2017, 1:08:46 PM5/10/17
to Google App Engine

Via google search, a strange result popped up:

https://plus.sfghfghfdg.appspot.com/+<someprofilename>  which leads to a insecure page. (attempt to steal credentials?)

http://plus.sfghfghfdg.appspot.com/  <--- ends up on some advertising page

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

May 10, 2017, 3:55:17 PM5/10/17
to Google App Engine
Hey Jerry,

It appears the app sfghfghfdg is spoofing the google.com search page. This could indeed be part of a phishing attempt by the creator of the app. We've taken note of this and will review the app.

However, as for the "insecure page", this is a result of the fact that the appspot.com domain does not serve a certificate which covers *.*.appspot.com, which is the format of the domain plus.sfghfghfdg.appspot.com. The page you see is a standard page served by your browser to warn the user of this fact.

Cheers,

Nick
Cloud Platform Community Support

Faizan (Cloud Platform Support)

May 17, 2017, 1:21:29 PM5/17/17
to Google App Engine
Hello Jerry,

You can report the site through our cloud abuse form. This request will be reviewed and processed by the Abuse team.

Faizan