How to update eclipse plugin to google app engine 1.6.5 sdk?

김종민

Apr 29, 2012, 9:11:18 PM4/29/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Last week, I couldn't upload Google App Engine because of version.

In eclipse plugin, there was no update at google app engine.

Let me know how to update eclipse plugin?

Richard Watson

Apr 30, 2012, 9:12:33 AM4/30/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
It often takes a few weeks until it hits the update site. If you need it urgently you have to download and install manually.  I'm generally happy to wait.

Jeff Schnitzer

Apr 30, 2012, 10:08:07 AM4/30/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
I've found the eclipse-downloaded version of the SDK to be a
liability. Nevermind the fact that it's always a week or two late - I
can live with that. The problem is that it gets put in a
strangely-named path.

If you write tests for your app per the instructions at
https://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/localunittesting,
you end up needing to create a ${SDK_ROOT} variable. Every time you
update the SDK, you have to go look up the crazy path in the eclipse
plugins directory and copy/paste it into this variable.

By downloading the SDK and putting it in a common location, I just
need to edit the variable and change "appengine-sdk-1.6.4" to
"appengine-sdk-1.6.5".

Yes, this is a minor annoyance, but using Eclipse is a thousand minor
annoyances like this and each one I can purge makes me feel just a
little less like hurling my laptop across the room and becoming a
rubytard.

P.S. please star this:
http://code.google.com/p/googleappengine/issues/detail?id=3856

Jeff
> --
> For more options, visit this group at

Strom

Apr 30, 2012, 12:54:45 PM4/30/12
to Google App Engine
A few weeks delay is a good occasion. Sometimes they skip a whole
version on the eclipse update, e.g. 1.6.2 never showed up on the
eclipse update for me.

On Apr 30, 5:08 pm, Jeff Schnitzer <j...@infohazard.org> wrote:
> I've found the eclipse-downloaded version of the SDK to be a
> liability.  Nevermind the fact that it's always a week or two late - I
> can live with that.  The problem is that it gets put in a
> strangely-named path.
>
> If you write tests for your app per the instructions athttps://developers.google.com/appengine/docs/java/tools/localunittesting,

김종민

May 1, 2012, 8:39:10 AM5/1/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Thank everyone for reply.
I am waiting for update.

2012년 4월 30일 월요일 오전 10시 11분 18초 UTC+9, 김종민 님의 말:

Cesium

May 1, 2012, 2:19:32 PM5/1/12
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Again, Jeff zaps a dark, bruised section of my brain, bringing it back to life.
The part that makes me laugh.

Rubytard... love it.

-David
(Must wipe nasal ejected Diet Mtn. Dew off the monitor now.)