Websocket support for Golang?

Saransh Mohapatra

Mar 20, 2018, 9:01:37 AM3/20/18
to Google App Engine
I am looking to build a web socket server in gaoling and host that on google app-engine. I tried to search for whether its supported or not? I got it that its supported on flexible environment but not on standard environment? But the post was from 2016. So can u confirm whats the status today ?

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 20, 2018, 3:25:41 PM3/20/18
to Google App Engine
As per the documentation the Go standard environment supports outbound sockets only. There is an early access form for full websockets in App Engine. All further communications about Websockets on App Engine will occur in the Public Issue Tracker report

Saransh Mohapatra

Mar 22, 2018, 10:00:04 PM3/22/18
to Google App Engine
Whether its supported on Flexible Environment.

Jordan (Cloud Platform Support)

Mar 24, 2018, 1:14:38 PM3/24/18
to Google App Engine
As per the documentation for the Go Flexible environment, websockets in App Engine Flex are not yet supported. The early access form I previously linked to also mentions that it is looking for people to test websocket functionality for both standard and flexible environments.