Unable to update (create) appengine app, internal error during appengine initialization?

Tommie

Nov 18, 2015, 2:33:01 PM11/18/15
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I've created tens for appengine projects using google cloud before but never had this issue.

I created a new project in us-central. Clicked appengine as usual, create my dummy app.yaml (just to get started) and get the following error when trying to push to it:

appcfg.py -A PROJECTID update app.yaml
08:24 PM Host: appengine.google.com
08:24 PM Application: PROJECTID; version: 1
08:24 PM
Starting update of app: PROJECTID, version: 1
08:24 PM Getting current resource limits.
08:24 PM Scanning files on local disk.
Error 404: --- begin server output ---
This application does not exist (app_id=u'PROJECTID').

Weird thing is that it cannot seem to find the placeholder appengine for this project, even though i'm 100% sure that the project ID is correct. I've done this several times in the past and it worked fine.

Going to the appengine tab in my cloud console give me the following error:
"This operation is not possible because no App Engine application was found for this project."

I think i see "failed to load" just before the above error shows up.

And if i check the old appengine url (appengine.google.com) with the correct google account i see all my other appengines there, but not the new one.

So did something go internally wrong when the cloud console initially tried to create my appengine account?

I'd rather not create a new project since the same project has a SQL instance attached to it and the project ID is one that i'd prefer not to loose (short and sweet).

Thankful for any help!

Adam

Nov 18, 2015, 5:51:31 PM11/18/15
to Google App Engine
Posting some screen shots may help to understand the problem better, but based on your descriptions you may have no choice but to create a new project if the App Engine component is missing. This is generally the only 'fix' for when something goes awry when a project is provisioned.