Issue with get_serving_url() - Certain images are rotated depending on size and crop (and it's not consistent)

Rob Curtis

May 11, 2016, 10:33:09 AM5/11/16
to Google App Engine
Hi,

I've been using get_serving_url() for serving images from blobstore.
However, over the past week, there's been an issue where some images are rotated depending on the size they're being served at. The behaviour isn't consistent on the same image either (sometimes it rotates and other times it does not).
Example :

Is this an issue others are experiencing?

Thanks
Rob

Adam (Cloud Platform Support)

May 16, 2016, 7:03:26 PM5/16/16
to Google App Engine
I'm seeing this image oriented normally at s226-c and s500-c, but is rotated to the right at sizes higher than around s1100-c. Is the intended behavior to have no rotation? Does the original image have any EXIF orientation flag set?