The API call remote_socket.GetSocketOptions() required more quota than is available.

Keith Johnston

Mar 12, 2015, 6:06:25 PM3/12/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Today is the first time I have seen this error. It occurs when I am trying to write some data to Amazon using the Amazon client library. I looked at the AppEngine quota page and there is no indication that anything there is over quota.
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$OverQuotaException: The API call remote_socket.GetSocketOptions() required more quota than is available.

Vinny P

Mar 13, 2015, 1:11:25 AM3/13/15
On Thu, Mar 12, 2015 at 5:06 PM, Keith Johnston <ke...@spotkin.com> wrote:
Today is the first time I have seen this error. It occurs when I am trying to write some data to Amazon using the Amazon client library. I looked at the AppEngine quota page and there is no indication that anything there is over quota.
javax.net.ssl.SSLException: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$OverQuotaException: The API call remote_socket.GetSocketOptions() required more quota than is available.

Does this error always happen when connecting to Amazon, or does it only intermittently/rarely occur? If you try requests using insecure (HTTP, not HTTPS) connections, do you see any difference or does a similar error pop up?

Side note: depending on the client library and Amazon service you're using insecure access may not be possible. But you can try it; for example here's how to set HTTP/HTTPS settings in the Java library: http://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSJavaSDK/latest/javadoc/com/amazonaws/ClientConfiguration.html#setProtocol(com.amazonaws.Protocol)

-----------------
-Vinny P
Technology & Media Consultant
Chicago, IL

App Engine Code Samples: http://www.learntogoogleit.com

Damian Dimmich

Mar 26, 2015, 7:00:49 PM3/26/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Did you manage to figure out what was causing the issue?  This is hitting us really hard since the 22 March - our application is basically crippled we are constantly hitting this limit despite not having made any changes to the codebase.  The error started occurring after we did a fresh deploy to adjust resources.

Best,
Damian

Keith Johnston

Apr 13, 2015, 2:04:50 PM4/13/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
No I am still seeing this issue. I wonder if it the burst limit that it is hitting?

Sagar Mutha

Nov 6, 2015, 10:42:23 PM11/6/15
to Google App Engine
Hello,

Did any of you figure out the issue with this? I am running into this with my app daily and am struggling to figure out the issue.
Message has been deleted

Gökhan Türedi

Dec 7, 2015, 7:06:36 PM12/7/15
to Google App Engine
+1

Neela Mauli Vangipurapu

Jan 17, 2016, 7:19:44 PM1/17/16
to Google App Engine
Neela Mauli Vangipurapu via googlegroups.com
Jan 7 (11 days ago)

to Google, reinhard.freil.
Hello,

We are intermittently getting the same issue "javax.net.ssl.SSLException: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$OverQuotaException: The API call remote_socket.GetSocketOptions() required more quota than is available.".
The quotas page shows the limits are sufficient.We even tried reducing the processing speed(bucket size etc), but still there is no luck.Please note that the amount of processing being done is same every day, but we see this exception once or twice in every three days.

Details of our project are as follows:

shining-domain-859
Project number
1009367974008

Please note this issue is hitting our business badly.Can you provide us more details as to why we are getting this issue?

Regards,
Neela Mauli

Neela Mauli Vangipurapu

Jan 17, 2016, 7:19:45 PM1/17/16
to Google App Engine
Message has been deleted

Nico Verwer

May 9, 2016, 4:23:28 AM5/9/16
to Google App Engine
Neela Mauli Vangipurapu wrote:

We are intermittently getting the same issue  "javax.net.ssl.SSLException: com.google.apphosting.api.ApiProxy$OverQuotaException: The API call remote_socket.GetSocketOptions() required more quota than is available.".

The quotas page shows the limits are sufficient.

[...]

Please note this issue is hitting our business badly

I have the same problem, and my client is going crazy. As usual whan there is a problem with App Engine, it takes a few years for Google to respond, if at all.