Help in mapping my domain to google app engine I mistyped the registrar password

lordjoe

Aug 27, 2015, 4:36:56 PM8/27/15
to Google App Engine
Now it does not ask - just goes straight to the registrar and fails - how can I reset the domain registrar password so it will as k again (and incidentally keep asking until I succeed

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 28, 2015, 5:08:45 PM8/28/15
to Google App Engine
Hi Lord Joe,

Could you possibly provide some screenshots for context? It's unclear to me what part of the flow you're referring to.

Best wishes,

Nick

Steve Lewis

Aug 29, 2015, 8:16:51 PM8/29/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Here are 3 shots
several from a successful link of www.erlandAnderson.com to an app engine application
several from an unsuccessful link of www.lordjoe.com - the problem is that I signed onto godaddy.com with
the wrong password and it NEVER lets me go back and try again
Yes I  did request alternate verification but it should NEVER be the case that a user cannot step back and
repeat a failed step resetting what seems to be remembered state

The ones with lordjoe are the failures the ones with just verify appeared to work

Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
206-384-1340 (cell)
Skype lordjoe_com

LordjoeVerify2.png
Verify1.png
Verify2.png
verify3.png
VerifyLordjoe.png
VerifyLordjoe3.png

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Aug 31, 2015, 7:00:11 PM8/31/15
to Google App Engine
Hi Lord Joe,

It appears as though the issue isn't with your username / password for GoDaddy, which should be handled properly by GoDaddy in the event of a wrong password, but lies in the fact that you haven't put the required TXT record on your domain's zone file. You'll notice that a special text token is being supplied in the page for you to put in a TXT record on your domain's zone file. This allows our servers to check with your domain and determine that it's owned by the same person going through the flow on the Developers Console side of things.

As an additional note, I think you might be using the subdomain feature incorrectly in VerifyLordjoe.png. It looks like you're trying to set up www.lordjoe.com.erlandanderson.com as a domain, which doesn't seem right. Perhaps this is what you intend, though, in which case disregard this.

Best wishes,

Nick

On Thursday, August 27, 2015 at 4:36:56 PM UTC-4, lordjoe wrote:
Now it does not ask - just goes straight to the registrar and fails - how can I reset the domain registrar password so it will as k again (and incidentally keep asking until I succeed

Steve Lewis

Aug 31, 2015, 7:24:40 PM8/31/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
Yes but then I did this for the erlandanderson.com account I did not NEED to put in the txt record - the txt record was an alternative to verify after I could not get into godaddy.com I really want to not use the TXT record - seems to be optional and go back to validating with godaddy as I did successfully with erland-anderson2.

The REAL issue is that I need to move these because google has deprecated master-slave storage for the lordjoe and erlandanderson domains forcing me to copy and rebuild them - I see no way to say OK just use the new storage not master slave and keep the accounts

On Mon, Aug 31, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Nick (Cloud Platform Support) <pay...@google.com> wrote:
[...]

pdknsk

Sep 1, 2015, 1:01:03 PM9/1/15
to Google App Engine
I think the issue is as follows. He initially tried to use the automated setup, where you login to your registrar OAuth-style, and all the necessary changes are then made automatically. He mistyped the password, and was not offered this automated setup again, but had to go through the manual TXT process.

Steve Lewis

Sep 1, 2015, 1:29:08 PM9/1/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com
That is EXACTLY what happened

On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:01 AM, pdknsk <pdk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the issue is as follows. He initially tried to use the automated setup, where you login to your registrar OAuth-style, and all the necessary changes are then made automatically. He mistyped the password, and was not offered this automated setup again, but had to go through the manual TXT process.

Nick (Cloud Platform Support)

Sep 3, 2015, 1:54:34 PM9/3/15
to Google App Engine
Hey Lord Joe,

I'm really glad that you got it figured out, nonetheless. Do you think it might be possible for you to make a public issue tracker report of the issue you experienced? If possible, you could attach a HAR recording of your browser's activity during the failed GoDaddy sign-in flow? This would help make sure that this gets fixed, as without a report and some data, no work can proceed on this. At the very least this thread will exist as a reference to any future user, but that's obviously sub-optimal. Anyways, it's up to you.

Feel free to consult the docs or post to stackoverflow if you encounter any issues at all migrating from Master-Slave to High-Replication Datastore. We monitor their as well and you'll be in good hands with the community of developers, many of whom have also made this transition.

Best wishes,

Nick

On Tuesday, September 1, 2015 at 1:29:08 PM UTC-4, lordjoe wrote:
That is EXACTLY what happened
On Tue, Sep 1, 2015 at 10:01 AM, pdknsk <pdk...@gmail.com> wrote:
I think the issue is as follows. He initially tried to use the automated setup, where you login to your registrar OAuth-style, and all the necessary changes are then made automatically. He mistyped the password, and was not offered this automated setup again, but had to go through the manual TXT process.

Steve Lewis

Sep 22, 2015, 4:12:07 PM9/22/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, pay...@google.com
I have tried to reassign www.erlandanderson.com to my application erland_anderson2.appspot.com - used to be erland_anderson.appspot.com but I needed to rebuild the app because the data model was deprecated
I did the reassianment but it did not seem to work

Pinging ghs.googlehosted.com [74.125.28.121] with 32 bytes of data:

Pinging appspot.l.google.com [74.125.28.141] with 32 bytes of data:

On Thu, Sep 3, 2015 at 10:54 AM, Nick (Cloud Platform Support) <pay...@google.com> wrote:
[...]

Sep 25, 2015, 2:23:39 PM9/25/15
to Google App Engine, pay...@google.com
Hey Lord Joe,

It appears you can ping both hosts. I think you should post a question to stackoverflow containing your information, what you've done to debug, relevant network statistics or curl/ping outputs, etc. and you'll be more likely to get help for a specific technical issue. As mentioned, this forum is more for general discussion of the platform.

On Tuesday, September 22, 2015 at 4:12:07 PM UTC-4, lordjoe wrote:
[...]

Alex Martelli

Sep 25, 2015, 2:31:15 PM9/25/15
to google-a...@googlegroups.com, Nick Payne
On Fri, Sep 25, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Nick (Cloud Platform Support) <pay...@google.com> wrote:
Hey Lord Joe,

It appears you can ping both hosts. I think you should post a question to stackoverflow containing your information, what you've done to debug, relevant network statistics or curl/ping outputs, etc. and you'll be more likely to get help for a specific technical issue. As mentioned, this forum is more for general discussion of the platform.

I would recommend serverfault, since the issue's more about system/network administration (serverfault's theme), while stackoverflow's about software development. We monitor both sites, this distinction is only important to respect the expressed desire of the two sites' respective communities.

Alex