mysqli in php flex environment doesn't work.

Thomas Valadez

Jun 23, 2017, 9:17:13 AM6/23/17
to Google App Engine
Recently we became aware that our php55 standard environment wasn't going to cut it since we need to be able to dynamically read and write files to the system. So I decided to switch over to flex environment, which was a breeze. Thanks Google, for making things so easy.

However, there is one hang up. mysqli doesn't work.  I detailed the errors extensively here. https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44708684/cannot-use-mysqli-in-php-flex-env-on-app-engine

Is this possible, is there a way to get mysqli to work when it is deployed?  Any help, insight would be greatly appreciated.

Takashi Matsuo

Jun 23, 2017, 2:33:11 PM6/23/17
to google-a...@googlegroups.com

Hi Thomas,

Glad you like the Flex runtime.

re: mysqli

You can specify the default socket name by having `php.ini` with the following (replace the CONNECTION_NAME with yours):
```
mysqli.default_socket= '/cloudsql/CONNECTION_NAME'
```

Also make sure the `sqladmin` api is enabled. You can confirm it by visiting:

If it doesn't work, please share reproducible app with me so that i can take a look.

Thanks,

-- Takashi